iPhone 5S Screen Lag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nooj, Sep 22, 2013.

1. nooj macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if lag is the right word, but when you enter multi-tasking from the home screen then press the home screen tab, there is a slight lag near the end of the animation returning to the home screen, almost as if the screen is readjusting its size.

This isn't present on my Iphone 5 (running iOS 7), and I've noticed this on a few hands-on videos of the 5S on youtube as well.

Anyone else noticed this on their iPhone 5S?

2. nooj thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just speculating here, but maybe it has something to do with the M7 chip and having to activate it, once you enter the homescreen for the parallax effect

3. SR71 macrumors 68000

I believe it had to do with the parallax effect and is why I've now disabled it. It now no longer has that weird animation. I actually really liked the parallax effect too, but when entering multitasking or going to the homescreen having it do that weird "jerk" to move the apps to where they supposed to be to create the effect was annoying.

To disable it go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion and set it to off. See if that solves your problem.

4. nooj thread starter macrumors newbie

It's still there even after turning on 'reduce motion' and on closer inspection it seems to be present on every app you open via multi-tasking.

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I would not worry about it.

ios7 just shipped, there will be a number of bugs/issues that will be resolved in updates.

You phone hardware is fine.

6. jamets515 macrumors regular

I can't see any difference at all between my 5 and 5S. What exactly am I looking for?

7. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Parallax Gate!!

jk, it's just iOS 7 being buggy.