iPhone 5S screen problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slipper, Sep 26, 2013.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Has anyone noticed a unresponsive touch screen and/or lines going down the length of the screen? I'm experiencing both problems. Gonna stop by the Genius Bar some time in the near future.

2. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I would set up the appointment like now. Why would you wait? This shouldn't be happening with the phone.

3. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

4. glitched79 macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing something similar regarding the vertical lines on the screen.

I had a 5 before my new 5S, so I'm able to compare them side-by-side.

It's barely, barely, and I mean BARELY noticeable. I tried taking pictures to upload here, but it's so barely noticeable that you really can't even see it in the pictures.

However, at least to me, I can clearly see extremely thin vertical lines running down the length of the screen on the 5S. Where the 5 looked like one uniform image, the 5S appears a little bit more like a regular, non-retina screen, in that it seems like the pixels are visible - at least vertically.

I'm hesitant to go to a genius to see what's up, because I think they're going to look at me like I'm crazy. I have very good eyesight, and I doubt most other people would notice a difference at all.

But, if more people post on here saying that they're seeing something similar, that might change my mind.

5. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

Who says I'm waiting?

6. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

You said near future. That could mean many things.

7. vanasian macrumors member

vanasian

I think I have same issue on my iphone 5s. When I look at those icons which have solid color, I can see the very fine lines on it. I thought I was crazy because I know those icons don't have lines on it. Since not many people talk about it, I guess I won't do anything about it.

8. glitched79 macrumors newbie

I'm happy to report that after 2 5S replacements, my 3rd 5S is screen-defect-free.

My first replacement came from the apple store, from a brand new, unopened box. That replacement had the same problem.

My second and final replacement came via the mail, after calling AppleCare directly. It is defect-free.

I would encourage anyone else with the same problem to contact AppleCare. The representative I spoke with stated that the phones they send out as replacements via AppleCare are thoroughly inspected prior to shipment.