iPhone 5S Screen Tint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zooby, Oct 9, 2013.

1. zooby, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. mknlb50 macrumors newbie

If the screen looks right to you and everything works perfectly, then keep it.

3. zooby, Oct 9, 2013

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Doesn't matter if it matches….

Do you have a problem with it? If not, then don't worry about it.

My 5 had a more yellow tint than my 4S and while others were exchanging theirs for the same issue, it didn't bother me and I kept it.

5. mknlb50 macrumors newbie

Some people don't mind having a yellow tint on their iPhones. Some people complain that their screen is too blue.

Relax and just enjoy your amazing device.

6. zooby, Oct 9, 2013

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Well, the relevant fact there is that they aren't going to know, since they aren't going to have the different screen to compare them on. :)

As I said, my 5 had a much yellower tint and with pics, I did notice they looked slightly different on my Mac than they did on my phone, but no one else ever noticed anything strange.

I don't think you've got a reason to worry!

8. zooby, Oct 10, 2013

9. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yellow tint on white backgrounds? Take it back. I hate piss yellow screens.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If you know it will bother you, take it back!

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, I get what you mean, but unless they've got a really keen eye, most people aren't going to notice subtle color variances and such.

If it bothers you that much then you need to do something about it.

I've only had it happen once where I had a much warmer screen and that was with my 5, it is decidedly more yellow than my 5s and 4S…..so yes, your luck must suck!!! LOL

12. zooby, Oct 11, 2013

13. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Well, of course there's going to be a difference. I can even see a difference in pics going from my iPhone to my Mac. :)

14. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

You're kidding right?
    I used to work in iOS deployment. We would get shipments of thousands of iPhone 5's per day. Every single LCD panel we came across were not alike.
    It simply isn't possible to have that kind of precision and still make money by not throwing out displays that are slightly more hot or cold than other ones.

15. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

With the many iphones I've had in my hands I can tell you that there's a big variance in screen "temperatures" amongst these devices. My current 5 is much more "yellow" than my first one that had a defective sleep/wake button. Drastically different. Apple sent me a new phone that had a VERY slightly different (cooler) temperature... almost not worth the swap... but the camera was totally off on the replacement. It was crooked. I sent it back and just live with the "warmer" yellow... it isn't as nice but I've gotten very used to it now and it doesn't bug me. Not worth pursuing... life's too short to sweat the small stuff.