iPhone 5s - Small line down middle of screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nerio27, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Nerio27 macrumors member

I just picked up a 5s from Best Buy, and noticed something. There is a very, very faint vertical line going down the exact middle of the screen. It is nearly impossible to notice unless the screen has something blue on it like the default home screen. Has anyone else seen something similar to this?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yuck. Whether anyone has or not be sure to get it fixed before your 30 day return window closes or your 1 year AppleCare runs out. I suppose you could try a restore but that screams hardware.

3. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

4. Nerio27, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I tried a software reset but it's still there. It's so tiny that I'm worried when I take it back they'll say nothing is wrong with it... I'll give it a try though.

The intensity of it seems to come and go too. Sometimes I don't even see it, others it's pretty obvious (on the same background).

5. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a column of dodgy pixels to me. I'd return it.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Sounds like pixels are getting stuck.
    If you have a case it might be the cause.

7. Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't been able to see it at all for the past 10 minutes or so. I've dealt with dead/stuck pixels on several devices and I've never seen them come and go like this.

8. Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone had experience returning phones purchased with an upgrade from Best Buy? I want to return this but I'm fairly certain none of the stores will have additional stock left. I'm assuming I won't lose my upgrade and get charged an additional $30 upgrade fee by Verizon when I go back and buy the replacement, but I guess you never know.

9. WilliamG macrumors 604

Take it to Apple. They should have extra stock for exchanges.

10. Nerio27 thread starter macrumors member

I actually ended up going to a different best buy that showed they had stock on their website and made the exchange. Took about 20 minutes, pretty happy it all worked out.