iPhone 5s: Strange White Blur On Lock Screen When Unlocking With Touch ID?

mateen110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So whenever I unlock my device with touch ID, I get this weird white blur in the top right of the lock screen. It doesn't happen when I unlock with my passcode. I thought it was a specific wall paper but it happens on all wall papers.

Check the screen shot below. Anyone know what this is? (Im on 7.0.1, happened on iOS 7.0 too)

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
That happens for everyone. It's just more apparent when you use a plain black wallpaper.

It's just the Zoom Animation

mds1256

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
I had this and it was the Google Maps app that was causing it. No... It wasnt a problem with google maps, it was to do with the length of the text below its icon on the home screen, if you have any apps on your home screen that has a large amount of text under the icon, move them all into a folder and give it another go, my bet is that the white blur will disappear, I have reported this to apple and they replied asking for more details and I send the details on so hopefully there will be a fix.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I had this and it was the Google Maps app that was causing it. No... It wasnt a problem with google maps, it was to do with the length of the text below its icon on the home screen, if you have any apps on your home screen that has a large amount of text under the icon, move them all into a folder and give it another go, my bet is that the white blur will disappear, I have reported this to apple and they replied asking for more details and I send the details on so hopefully there will be a fix.
That's awesome if you actually found out the cause; however are you sure that was definitely it?

mds1256

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
That's awesome if you actually found out the cause; however are you sure that was definitely it?
Well put it this way, if you try this.

1. Place the Google Maps app on the 2nd line, 2nd icon in on the 1st home screen.

2. from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom to reveal control centre.

3. Touch the calculator button and you will see the glitch when you open the calculator for a split second.

and if you look its the bottom right of the 'S' that you can see.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Hey just wanted to let u know I reproduced the glitch. I put google maps on the 2nd row 2nd icon from the left on my home screen. Brought up control center and clicked the calculator. You can see the words for the icon linger as the calculator opens and closes.