iPhone 5s touch id not working in app store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeNaks, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MikeNaks macrumors newbie

If you go in settings>restrictions>Require password
    And change it from 15 minutes to immediately. In the app store the touch id is not going to work. Also you would have to put your password, even for updates.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Two of those three things are wrong and I'm not sure about the third.

3. Shan S., Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

Shan S. macrumors member

You know I did not believe it either as I played with that exact setting in 7.0.0 and it seemed fine.

The title for the post is a bit misleading. It should be ..... Does not work on App Store with restrictions turned on or something similar.

I wonder if something changed in 7.0.2? I just changed my settings and yes the OP is correct. See screen shots:

The only difference is the path for the settings change is : Settings>General> Restrictions

Also yes the phone does need the restrictions already turned on for this setting to have any effect.

Before with 15 min selected I get both options to scan or password

[​IMG]

After. I only get password option

[​IMG]

Try it. Like I said the OP is correct.

4. MikeNaks thread starter macrumors newbie

That was my first post (i have been visiting this site for quiet a while). Hopefully this is fixed on the next update. But not many seem to acknowledge it

5. Shan S., Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

Shan S. macrumors member

Hi MikeNaks..

Good first post!

It may not be an actual issue. Apple could have thought if the restriction is on to make it password only... The fact that it is only in the restriction menu kind of tells me it is not a standard setting...

The only thing is see if you could get the title changed.. That may help a bit