iPhone 5s unlocked from canada to europe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michielfm, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Michielfm macrumors member

hy there,

A friend of mine is in Canada (Vancouver) for a couple of months for a university exchange program. Now He will buy an iPhone 5S there for me (as it is much cheaper) and bring it to Belgium. But I have still got some questions.

- The iPhone 5S unlocked will work in Belgium right? (LTE won't, I know)
    - What is the easiest way to buy one in Canada? Just jump in an Apple store and get one? I'm looking for a Gold 64GB 5S, which is a popular model so.. Got any tips? For US there is this apple tracker site to see where you model is available, any similar things for Canada? Or should I order one via telephone?
    - Then to bring it to Belgium, I think it would be best to get rid of the box and only keep the earpods en charger. I think it is best to put the phone in your pocket and if any questions are asked just tell them it is a phone for work and the other phone is for personal use. I just want to make sure that I don't have to pay any extra taxes.

Hope you guys can help!

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

-1 Yes, If purchased for full price.
    -2 Go to the Apple Store.
    -3 Good idea.

3. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Bonjour.
    J'ai acheté un iPhone 5 durant un séjour prolongé à New York. Je l'ai acheté avec AT&t pour $399. Juste avant mon retour en France, je suis allé dans une boutique et l'ai fait débloquer pour $35. Vois si tu ne peux pas souscrire à une offre bidon chez les opérateurs canadien puis te rétracter. Tu pourras peut être l'avoir à un tarif intéressant.

PS: Que ce soit en Canada ou partout dans le monde, tu vas surement avoir du mal à en trouver un doré :(

4. Michielfm thread starter macrumors member

Pour recevoir un tarif d'un opérateur canadien je dois prendre un contrat pour plusieurs ans donc c'est pas vraiment bien pour moi je pense.

5. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

C'est pas faux.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

You can buy the phone unlocked right from the Apple store (just a matter of finding it :p). There's no tracker for Canada as far as I know.

It should work overseas as I've sent iPhones to Europe and they've had no issue. It would be a good idea for your friend to just leave the box. He can say it's his business phone or something.