iPhone 5s Video Slo-Mo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adjeff8, Sep 21, 2013.

1. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

As far as I can tell the only option is to go 120 fps. Can that be right? It should be adjustable. You should be able to shoot at 60% and 90%. 120% is very slow. Basically it's 1/4 speed. Why would they leave out such a common sense feature?

2. dmystic1 macrumors regular

I don't have my phone yet but I hear the only thing you can do with the video is send it via i message, is that true?

3. adjeff8 thread starter macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Very uninpressive So I can slow it down to zombie speed. That's just great. I want to slow down my videos from 30 frames to 45 frames. Just a slight overcranking. You mean I can't do that? Worthless feature. I don't want to put people to sleep, I just want a slight overcranking. Oh well, I should have known that art is not their motive

4. Km133 macrumors member

Not true... I took one and uploaded to YouTube. Other sharing pitons were available!

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I agree. Sometimes I feel I should shoot at 117 fps, I wonder why Apple didn't think about introducing settings that would make the interface unnecessarily heavy hosting a feature that virtually no one would use.

6. adjeff8 thread starter macrumors 6502

adjeff8

I absolutely use this type of feature. Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated. My point is...If you're going to do something then go all the way and do it right. Or don't do it at all. And really, including adjustable settings would make the interface heavy? Really?

I work in film production, and we routinely overcrank from 24 frames to 36. Rarely do we overcrank to 96 which would equal the 120 mandated by the iPhone. Only on car stunts Etc. it's called art, wise guy, I guess something you know virtually nothing about.