iPhone 5S - which month will it be announced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, May 3, 2013.

?

Which month will the iPhone 5S be announced?

1. June (WWDC)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. June (not WWDC)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. July

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. August

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. September

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. October

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. irDigital0l Guest

Rumors are flying everywhere from June to October.

Seems unlikely for WWDC but there's no rumors that Apple will announce it in a June 20 event and release it in early July.

2. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

Most accounts seem to predict a fall release for iOS 7. It would be odd to release a new phone with the old OS at the same time as announcing the new OS. My bet is that the announcement will come in August or Spetember with sales starting in September.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the iphone 4s launched four months after ios 5 was previewed at wwdc two years ago, and the iphone 5 launched three months after apple previewed ios 6. the only way a new iphone comes this june is if it ships with ios 6, and i don't think anyone here thinks that's gonna happen. put me down for late september (28th?).

4. uphoriak macrumors newbie

I've gone for June with a July release, mainly to fuel speculation, haha!

http://www.nowhereelse.fr/date-sortie-iphone-5s-83077 (translate it in chrome etc) which is related to the June 20th rumor, except this seems to indicate Apple will start shipping the iPhone 5S to suppliers starting June 20th (the date not pertaining to a media event), for a July release, which would then make sense if there was to be an announcement at WWDC, maybe in a surprise "gotcha!" moment?

But hey, it's all rumour ;)

5. alastairhall macrumors newbie

iPhone 5S - which month will it be announced?

I am also waiting for the exact launch date of iphone 5s but I am sure no one knows the exact launch date of iPhone 5s yet. Have to wait for some more time.....:):):):):):)