iPhone 5S White Box (Official) Yuk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carlanga, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Here is the box for the white 5S taken from apple's site:
    I can't believe they didn't pick a color for the background on the phone, it looks just like there is too much white, my guess the black box will look just as ugly. I think this is the worst box design yet. They could have done a zoom into the new home button and take a pic from the side or something like that and put an actual background.

Attached Files:

2. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

It looks exactly like the boxes of the first three iPhones. I'm all about collecting the boxes, but 90% of people just throw them away, so honestly who gives a s&!t.

3. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

Seems you do... Impossible because all those three boxes had black front iPhones.

All white front iPhones have had a better design box than this w/ an actual background. White on white on white looks off especially for an iPhone that is supposed to be 'more stylish' now...

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I agree, using the stock iOS 7 outer space background or something of the sort would've made the box pop a lot more.

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Funny. I get the box > open same > take out iphone, and stuff > put box away never to be seen again. I put absolutely no thought into a box. Do you guys collect these things for some reason ?

6. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Don't know about everyone else but I take the phone out of the box and then put it away. The only reason I keep the boxes is to have them in case I decide to sell the phone for a new one. In that case I believe it's just better to be able to sell it complete with the box. Otherwise I would just throw it away.

7. profets macrumors 68040

I've always been a big fan of white so I like the look of the box with the white wallpaper. Also I guess they're just following the colour matching box and wallpaper for all iPhones.

Oh man, I wonder what the gold iPhone packaging will look like...

8. macbd macrumors regular

And we wonder why Phandroid users make fun of us...

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hmmm, it's a box. Those who display boxes as though they're art or something are annoying to me. I'm all for great product design, but I still don't use up a bunch of space displaying empty boxes.

11. Skika macrumors 68030

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

14. BuickGS67 macrumors newbie

It's just a box, people. Who cares what the stupid box looks like...

I care about what's inside!

15. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Assuming this is the silver/white, hopefully the box for the white/gold will look a little better because the colours won't look as similar, but it still won't look great.

I can only judge against the boxes for the devices I have, but yeah, it might well be the worst yet. I keep boxes in case I want to sell on, but I agree with the above; I care more about what is inside.

16. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

This is where we are in the world now? Complaining about the art on the front of a box?

Seriously?

17. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I defiently think they should have put the background image on the phone, but I don't think they did so that the redesigned icons stand out much more.

18. TC03 macrumors 65816

Apple matches wallpaper with exterior. That's how they do things now. It's Ive's dream. Deal with it.

19. terzinator macrumors 6502

I saw an episode of Hoarders where the guy couldn't find the toilet because of all the iPhone boxes he'd squirreled away.

20. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

What the hell? Who cares what the box looks like! LOl. Go apply at the apple box department you woman!

21. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

LOL I honestly cannot believe the box is being questioned. It's like Jordan fans keeping their boxes for sneakers.

22. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Pretty sure the gold will just have the white box with the apple logo and "iPhone 5s" in gold. If you look at the video from the keynote, you can catch a quick shot of it.

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Somewhere on the net, is a forum filled with threads like "Does this color sneaker make me look girly", "what color laces should I buy" and "Need money for new sneakers, where can I sell my old Jordans?"

24. JohnnyDJunior macrumors regular

Its not an Apple thing for me.

I just like to keep all the techs stuffs boxes even if i sell them later for the memory.

I have most of my cellphones owned,MBPs,Headphones,TV.

I dont see why people should be bothered, if its not affecting you why complain.

If you like something go ahead and do it

25. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Throwing away iphone boxes should be a federal crime.