iPhone 5s - who cares

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvoros, May 3, 2013.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

:( Does anyone out there really care about the forthcoming release of a minor iPhone 5s. Those of us in the know realize that we have to wait an entire year, Fall 2014, before we see something new from Apple but by then, other companies will have surpassed them again. This is really sicking from a once revered company like Apple. But you know the saying, "Innovation has left the building".:(:eek:

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I do :cool:

*a trollish post deserves a trollish response*

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

I don't think I'm buying it regardless of what Apple puts in it. iPhone 5 brought LTE which was the major feature that I wanted as well as finally being offered on Tmobile's network. I'm fully content and I don't believe they can put anything in the next iPhone to make me feel that I have to have it. iPhone 5 will still likely get all the features of iOS 7 too. Since the 4 I've been getting every iPhone model each year but I'm going to try to hang onto this one for at least two years. Love it.

I DO care to see what the 5s offers though. Just not planning to buy it.

4. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Agree but I only had the 4 before so two years is fine with me.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Most of those "in the know" realize that the iPhone 5s will interesting to folks on contracts, that only upgrade when their contract is up.

For millions of people, the iPhone 5s will be the current iPhone when their contract allows for an upgrade. They'll be upgrading from iPhone 4/4s to a iPhone 5s. No way in heck you can call that a "minor upgrade".

Why wouldn't they care about it?

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Tons of iPhone 4 and 4S owners probably care.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I guess I am one of those "not in the know" then, because I care

What I don't care about is all the noise about how Apple/iPhone isn't innovative and is falling behind and doomed

8. viperGTS macrumors 65816

You obviously care if you took the time to make a thread about it. :rolleyes:

9. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Of course people care. Some of us are in the "s" cycle of upgrades.

Someone needs attention.

10. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I care to know what features it will have, and then I'll decide if it's something I want or not.

But I can't really say "meh" or "I want it" until I've seen what the next iPhone is. And so far, no one really has, for sure.

12. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

cept LTE, maybe a little faster chip? 5s is a minor upgrade from 4s. Unless you like taking pictures of flowers and water dropplets on a peddle.

I have a 5, i could care less. iPhone 4 owners probably care though. But I lolled at all the people who went from 4 to 4s.

13. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

The phrase "who cares" implies that the person thinks nobody should care. Which is quite self-centered.

Why should nobody care about a phone release? I'm sure apple cares, and is hoping that many of us care. I'm sure that those of us on the "s" cycle care very much, and those who need the latest and greatest each year. Some that even aren't getting the phone will certainly tune into the apple announcement day to see what the specs are and what new features it will have. So, you see, many people will care. Even if apple released the 5 with the same specs and added a color to the lineup, someone, somewhere, would care.

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

True. Was I floored by the iPhone 5? Not really, but I had a 2 year old iPhone 4, and the larger screen, LTE, and a chance to finally get Siri was enough for me to upgrade.

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Obviously you cared enough to make a thread about it.

16. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The people who replace their iPhone 4S with it.

17. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

for people who upgrade every year for the latest iPhone, yes

18. silver8ack macrumors regular

I care, only because my 4S is boring and I want something new.

Other than that... I might just wait another stinking year for a 'real' bigger phone.

19. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Let me guess your idea of innovation is a larger iPhone with NFC

20. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The iPhone 5s hasn't even been announced yet, so I would reserve judgement at least until then. Additionally, you may have heard iOS7 is getting a big overhaul, so we'll see.

21. durant35 macrumors member

The S models have always sold well, this wont be any different. If it has a faster processor and 12-13 megapixel camera, my 5 is going up on Craigslist and i'll be getting the 5s day 1.

22. gmhag macrumors regular

Wouldnt everyone's socks be blown off if he came out on stage with the iphone 6 in hand? It would be nuts. If i were apple, i would leak some iphone 5s details on purpose to throw people off because lets face it, EVERYONE knows apples product cycle like clockwork now. Everyone is expecting the 5s. We all know it is going to be software updates not hardware. NO BIG SURPRISE at this point. We've seen it time and time before. The analysts practically anounce the product with predictions before Apple ever has a chance. What if they upped the ante, change the game and decided to shock the industry? Nobody would see it coming.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Does anyone care that you don't like a product whose specs haven't been released. Instead of whining about it, why don't you wait until it has been announced/released before b****ing about it.

24. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I'm looking to upgrade, so I care about it.

I'm not looking for a drastic redesign. The 5 is my perfect phone right now. What I'm hoping for in the future:

-improved battery life
    -32 GB standard
    -software enhancements

I don't understand this desire for change for it's own sake.

25. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

I owned an iPhone 5 before getting it stolen. I know use an iPhone 3G. Guess what: I care, a lot. ;)