iPhone 5S will have design change!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yannoulecomte, Aug 14, 2013.

1. yannoulecomte macrumors newbie

I don't think that i am dreaming here. on that website, http://www.gsmarena.com/photos_of_iphone_5s_chassis_components_surface-news-6573.php, we can see leaks of the iPhone 5S which seem to match previous leaks. When you look at the second picture the right and left bezels are noticeably thinner, AND if you put a ruler on the iPhone 5S part, and that you try to align both the 5 and 5S, you won't be able to! because the 5S is smaller!

Am I right??:confused:

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

No.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Some people see what they want to see. If you look the site shows two photographs, there is no proof the photos were taken from the same distance. The phone on the right is the same as the i5.

There is no chance in size, if there were we would be seeing leaks like crazy.

4. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

5. cynics macrumors G3

Wouldn't be a 5S if it didn't share anything with the 5.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

U gonna make the bigger screen! folks cry.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

The iPhone 5S will be the same size as the 5.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

9. dvoros macrumors 6502

design change....hardly

What fools. Apple will re-release its press conference video from 2012 and show it to the world as the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5 are identical. No changes, nothing to show, go home.:eek:

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Doubtful. I too would be surprised if the 5S shell was changed.

11. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Then it wouldn't be called iPhone 5S, then we would get an iPhone 6, which is unlikely.

12. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

No changes ??

Must not have heard the rumors of the changes

13. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

If they would change the size we would have seen some kind of leak.... but so far ALL hints point to a (boring) 4" device.

14. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Boring for you perhaps, but not for me and others.

Better camera, dual flash, perhaps fingerprint sensor, better CPU, and gladly keeping a 4 inch screen is anything but boring. I use the phone as a phone, GPS, Camera, little e-mail, so I like the design, the screen size, a better camera, fingerPrint reader perhaps and faster CPU, not to mention iOS 7. You kids like movies, games on a phone are funny, and get bored too easily, and think having a wider screen will make it better. No way. Even if its 4.5 screen or even 4.7 inches, its still too small of a screen. Use your home computer screen or an iPad for the movies/games.

Want bigger screen to have what you call the Wow factor, go to Samsung today, and be happy. ;)

15. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Just a little better camera and iO7 will be good enough for me. The 6 will be the "change" many are looking for.

16. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

Maybe you are new to forums (kid, eh?) but posts usually reflect an opinion, so you don't have to be so defensive. Apple is falling behind in the screen size game and I bet they know it. The next (new) iPhone most certainly will ship with a larger screen. ;-)

17. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Apple doesn't care about a screen game or they would have played that game a long time ago. If one would use the Search function on this board you will read that, Every year someone posts that Apple is trying to catch up or is falling behind, not to mention fail. If one takes the time to read Tim Cooks last blurb on the size of the screen, he mentioned that he wanted the customer to use a screen that can be used with one hand.

This very exact rant has been read last year and the year before about falling behind and the so called catch up.

Next new phone will be the exact same size with the same exact screen dimensions.

18. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

Then why is the iPhone 5 4" and not 3.5"? :rolleyes:

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

The next iPhone will have the hardware change that you want.

20. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

And Android has fallen behind in the compact smartphone market. My friend had a very nice and compact HTC. I was intrigued until I found out it was a slow, low end phone that couldn't run a current OS.

21. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

Sure they do.. otherwise the iPhone 5 wouldn't be 4".

It wasn't a rant, and I wasn't talking about the last years... but it's 2013 (almost 2014) and screens above 4,3" ARE standard; hell, even the Mini-Versions have a bigger screen than the iPhone.
    And I couldn't care less now because I'm already happy with another phone and a beautiful screen. All of that "Apple is doomed" crap is completey wrong, I agree, but I think they can do way better in the phone-department, especially with a bigger screen, that's all I said. Hell, they could build a slightly bigger screen with just making smaller bezels.

22. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

23. atlatnesiti, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

24. nilzi macrumors regular

Just expect new iphone will features "Finger scanner" tech...:D

25. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502