Iphone 5s will not be available until september 19

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k3rast4se, Aug 27, 2013.

1. k3rast4se macrumors newbie

I just saw yesterday that montreal downtown apple store will closed for renovation from sept 4 to sept 19. They are explaining that the store is doing a refresh. There's no possible way that they are closing when the new iphone is on sale. Apple HQ would never allow this.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Scheduling renovations require a long lead time, and this was planned far longer then when thy decided to unveil the new iPhone. Clearly Apple corporate did sign off on this. They can't just stop the reno in its tracks - it will cost way too much.

3. auero macrumors 65816

A store near me was closed for refresh during the last iPhone announcement. There will be demand for the next phone but not as big of a hype as a non-s model. Even so, Apple has done well with the preorder system. I was able to walk in at 1pm to my local store to exchange my phone for another size and they still had full stock.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I think based on past evidence, the phone will not be released until the 20th anyway. 10 days after keynote

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Really, you work there? I bet they'd never just do routine maintenance on the website without putting out new products either. You also realize that there are more stores than just one in Canada, right?

6. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

normally new products aren't available on announcement day. Orders a few days in the future for sale about 10 days after announcement.
    I'm sure a company as organized and controlling as Apple probably "reserves" must be open days years in advance so even long lead time items can be covered without any stores being closed.

7. woodynorman macrumors 6502

Off topic, but RockyRoad55...your sig line is great! :)

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Well, I guess this is why they call this a RUMOR site.

Whatever.....