Iphone 5S

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Personally hoping for NFC, wireless charging, and screens that allow use with gloves on.

I think we're assuming there is going to BE a 5S. I wouldn't assume that.
It's safe to assume there will be an iPhone after the 5. If it helps you, take the iPhone 5S as the next iPhone. So what do you think will be in the next iPhone?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Personally hoping for NFC, wireless charging, and screens that allow use with gloves on.

It's safe to assume there will be an iPhone after the 5. If it helps you, take the iPhone 5S as the next iPhone.
Well that's just it, ain't it? Will the next iPhone be a spec bump or a whole new design?

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I will go on record to say that it will be called the iPhone 5N.

The N is going to stand for NFC. It will make passbook more useful and Apple will act as if they invented NFC though no doubt their approach will be powerful enough to actually make NFC relevant for everyday people.

Aside from that, expect maybe slightly better camera optics, processor/speed bump, battery life bump, possibly ability to do Voice + Data on Verizon/Sprint.

It will look exactly like the iPhone 5 though, so no exterior changes. Perhaps some tweaks in the process to make it more durable or get rid of scuffgate or something but it will not be a radically new design.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
I would think that the most significant thing for the next iphone is iOS 7. with features tied to the hardware.

apple could name it iphone 6 just to break the cycle, or maybe just the new iphone.