Iphone 5s's slowmo is going to rock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borgqueenx, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. SA Spyder macrumors regular

4. zedzded macrumors regular

ha ha yesh

I think the slow mo will look great, but yeah it's not something that people are really going to use that much.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Agreed. I bought a point and shoot with slomo, used it a few times but never since.

6. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I use Siri daily.

I doubt I'll use the slo-mo all that often. There times while my malamutes are playing/running/jumping that I'll use it. Some sports events I go to I'll use it. It'll be more of a situational thing, but something that might cool to use periodically.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Like watching my dog chase her tail, but now in slow-motion.

8. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

For those who use video often and / or enjoy being creative, yup.. going to rock.

9. zedzded macrumors regular

Which will be about 0.5% of the population.

I will actually probably use it, but can't see many others using it.

----------

Really? I find that unless there is complete silence, it's useless. I have 2 kids under 4, the slightest noise from them and Siri ceases to recgonise my commands.

10. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Slow-Motion on the iPhone 5S will do wonders for the POV video industry :D

11. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It's a nice feature but at the end of the day I shoot with my iPhone but I edit on my Mac. iMovie can do this already. :)

12. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

I assume that there will be a way for a camera app to create high framerate video (not just slow motion, but real time motion in 60 fps for example)

13. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

It's a good ad don to the iPhone but at the end of the day it's just a smartphone camera and videos just arnt as good as on a real video recorder. Slo mow is a feature that everyone will use the first day and after that only 1% or the people will continue using it.

14. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Most people don't even know how to tap/focus with their iPhones. lol. I am very interested in seeing this new flash, however. I hate flash but if it's what the keynotes touts it to be, low light game changer. :D

15. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

There will be people having fun with it, but most of the people will use their phone without knowing about this feature :D

16. lazard macrumors 65816

17. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Im not so sure. Its just situational. Might be alot of times i will use it at some sports or showing it off to friends and see how they do stopid:p

18. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Really. Texting in the car. Setting timers. Setting reminders/calendar events. Those are the things I use her most for ... I find it faster and easier to just hit the home button and say 'set a timer for 20 minutes' rather than unlocking the phone (which takes time) getting to the timer, fiddling with the dial to get where I want, etc.

Same thing with calendar and reminders. For example, after putting Frontline medication on my puppies, I just hit the button for siri and say 'remind me in 3 weeks to give the dogs their medicine' ... and it's done. I don't need to bring up the calendar app, calculate 3 weeks, pick a day, click add details, etc.

And, of course, texting in the car ... so much yay. :)

19. SA Spyder macrumors regular

I hope whatever you end up hitting isn't a live being.

20. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I think you missed the part about Siri. Total hands free operation.

You can clean that self-righteous look off your face now.

21. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'm going to assume you have it connected to your car via Bluetooth to activate Siri

Regardless, I find Siri texting to not be that great. Siri tends to hear the wrong words at some point and you have to start from scratch which I find really frustrating

22. SA Spyder macrumors regular

Talking on the phone is illegal in many states/provinces not because one hand is off the wheel, but because communicating with others while driving is very distracting. Doubly so if it's through a phone.

Hope your car also gets totalled so you'd have to ride a bicycle.

23. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm sure the 5S's slowmo will be a fun gimmick, I know I used to enjoy being able to film at 60fps before Apple killed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.