iPhone 6 (5.5) new images

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Excellent, hope this is a goer then. Released same time as smaller model would be ideal, small delay will be worth the wait.

loybond

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
LOL where do you expect OP to get that picture? Find the guy who leaked it and ask him to come to the US to find an imperial ruler, and then retake the pic just for you?

Here's a thought... go to Google, and put in "what is 16 cm in inches" without quotes.

What is the length in inches? Please put up a pic with the length and width in inches.

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Are we thinking if real it's going to be on schedule, since 1st reports of delay there's not been more and that what was a while ago now!?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Are we thinking if real it's going to be on schedule, since 1st reports of delay there's not been more and that what was a while ago now!?
I am unsure on whether this is real. If it is, I have my doubts on it launching on time, considering how many more leaks fot he smaller variant we have seen.

Honestly, I wouldn't so terribly bummed to wait a bit longer if Apple announces that it is for sure a thing. I wouldn't even mind paying for it now, or preordering at least, and having it ship when ready (within reason). What would bum me out is no mention of the 5.5" on the 9th and then Apple making another event for the 5.5" a few months later. In other words, I would like to know on the 9th what my options may be for this refresh.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Note 3 would be close I guess
Nokia 1520 is 6.4" i believe.. I had one two different times because i loved the phone itself and windows phone OS on it also. There were just a few quirks with WP that i did not like, but they are now all resolved in 8.1..

Its a big phone but can still be used one handed..Not sure if people here are like the guy in the burger king commercials with the small hands.

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
I am unsure on whether this is real. If it is, I have my doubts on it launching on time, considering how many more leaks fot he smaller variant we have seen.

Honestly, I wouldn't so terribly bummed to wait a bit longer if Apple announces that it is for sure a thing. I wouldn't even mind paying for it now, or preordering at least, and having it ship when ready (within reason). What would bum me out is no mention of the 5.5" on the 9th and then Apple making another event for the 5.5" a few months later. In other words, I would like to know on the 9th what my options may be for this refresh.
My thinking too.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Nokia 1520 is 6.4" i believe.. I had one two different times because i loved the phone itself and windows phone OS on it also. There were just a few quirks with WP that i did not like, but they are now all resolved in 8.1..

Its a big phone but can still be used one handed..Not sure if people here are like the guy in the burger king commercials with the small hands.

I am a lumia fan, but that phone is enormous. I wouldn't mind using it (1020 is the newst I have used) but there are certainly functions I couldn't perform one handed. That absolutely doesn't bother me, but it may bother some. I certainly don't have small hands. I would consider them average? IDK. I wear I size Large glove if that matters.

loybond

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Based on this, does anyone know which existing phone would be the closest in size, so I could see how comfortable it is in my hand or pocket?
The iPhone 6 with the 5.5" display suffers from huge fat top and bottom bezels, sadly that makes it really large and cumbersome. The Samsung Note 3 has a larger really beautiful 5.7" display in a smaller compact body. It's much easier to use. I believe that's why Apples been very careful to hide the size of the phone.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Apple, skimping on battery size as usual. If others can manage to squeeze a 3000 mAh battery into 5" devices, Apple should be able to do better, not worse for a 5.5" phone.

I still have my doubts about whether we'll see a 5.5" phone... the amount of part leaks is miniscule compared to the 4.7!"
Yeah, don't get me started on iPhone battery sizes.. that's been my #1 complaint since 2007.

As far as the part leaks, I believe the 5.5" went into production a few weeks after the 4.7" so that might be a reason we have less leaked parts, etc.

:apple:

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
The iPhone 6 with the 5.5" display suffers from huge fat top and bottom bezels, sadly that makes it really large and cumbersome. The Samsung Note 3 has a larger really beautiful 5.7" display in a smaller compact body. It's much easier to use. I believe that's why Apples been very careful to hide the size of the phone.
You've never used it!!!??? So how would you know?