iPhone 6 (5.5) new images

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hugibugi, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hugibugi, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  2. robinp macrumors 6502

Hope this means it is catching up and will be released at the same time. Not sure which I would prefer - it depends on battery life I think. If the 5.5 has the massive battery then it is probably that which I want

3. Henke macrumors member

Henke

Excellent, hope this is a goer then. Released same time as smaller model would be ideal, small delay will be worth the wait.

4. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

What is the length in inches? Please put up a pic with the length and width in inches.

5. loybond macrumors regular

LOL where do you expect OP to get that picture? Find the guy who leaked it and ask him to come to the US to find an imperial ruler, and then retake the pic just for you?

Here's a thought... go to Google, and put in "what is 16 cm in inches" without quotes.

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Seriously?

7. YoungCalusa macrumors member

Just ask siri? Took me all of 30 seconds to find out that 15 cm converts to about 6 inches

8. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Looks more like 16cm = 6.3" if you see where the ruler is placed next to the phone...

9. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Looks colossal....that's good I guess.
    9.9.14 can't get here faster!

10. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

11. Henke macrumors member

Henke

Are we thinking if real it's going to be on schedule, since 1st reports of delay there's not been more and that what was a while ago now!?

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am unsure on whether this is real. If it is, I have my doubts on it launching on time, considering how many more leaks fot he smaller variant we have seen.

Honestly, I wouldn't so terribly bummed to wait a bit longer if Apple announces that it is for sure a thing. I wouldn't even mind paying for it now, or preordering at least, and having it ship when ready (within reason). What would bum me out is no mention of the 5.5" on the 9th and then Apple making another event for the 5.5" a few months later. In other words, I would like to know on the 9th what my options may be for this refresh.

13. Izauze macrumors 6502

Based on this, does anyone know which existing phone would be the closest in size, so I could see how comfortable it is in my hand or pocket?

14. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Note 3 would be close I guess

15. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Nokia 1520 is 6.4" i believe.. I had one two different times because i loved the phone itself and windows phone OS on it also. There were just a few quirks with WP that i did not like, but they are now all resolved in 8.1..

Its a big phone but can still be used one handed..Not sure if people here are like the guy in the burger king commercials with the small hands.

[​IMG]

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The LG G3 would also be close.

This looks pretty interesting. Can't wait until 9/9.

17. Henke macrumors member

Henke

My thinking too.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am a lumia fan, but that phone is enormous. I wouldn't mind using it (1020 is the newst I have used) but there are certainly functions I couldn't perform one handed. That absolutely doesn't bother me, but it may bother some. I certainly don't have small hands. I would consider them average? IDK. I wear I size Large glove if that matters.

20. loybond macrumors regular

Apple, skimping on battery size as usual. If others can manage to squeeze a 3000 mAh battery into 5" devices, Apple should be able to do better, not worse for a 5.5" phone.

I still have my doubts about whether we'll see a 5.5" phone... the amount of part leaks is miniscule compared to the 4.7!"

21. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Cant wait! I hope they are on track to release it this year!

22. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

The iPhone 6 with the 5.5" display suffers from huge fat top and bottom bezels, sadly that makes it really large and cumbersome. The Samsung Note 3 has a larger really beautiful 5.7" display in a smaller compact body. It's much easier to use. I believe that's why Apples been very careful to hide the size of the phone.

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yeah, don't get me started on iPhone battery sizes.. that's been my #1 complaint since 2007.

As far as the part leaks, I believe the 5.5" went into production a few weeks after the 4.7" so that might be a reason we have less leaked parts, etc.

:apple:

24. Henke macrumors member

Henke

You've never used it!!!??? So how would you know?