Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Firstly: I want to say that if you have nothing of relevance to add to this post (for example, telling those of us who see this issue that we have OCD or are anal about our displays), leave this thread now and save all of us who experience screen issues the waste of time and traction you will inevitably bring to this thread. You will be reported if you decide to troll anyway.

*whew!* Glad that's out of the way!

Anyway, I made this thread to see just how many 6s and 6s+'s (as well as iPhone 6 and 6+) have these screen issues. What issues am I talking about? Here's a list:

• Uneven display tint
- Top of display is brighter/dimmer than lower
- Blue hues in some areas, yellow in others

• Pressure point on the Plus
- Can be seen near the bottom left of the display, looks like a pinch in the lightning.

• Dead pixels/dust under the screen

I'm sure there are many more issues out there as well!

The best way to test for an uneven display tint is to take a screen shot of a white-heavy page (like Settings), take a screen shot of that screen shot, rotate it, then view both images while holding the phone in the proper orientation. For my phone, the top of the screen in the current orientation looks different depending on if i'm holding the phone normal or upside down.

Another test is to put your iPhone screen onto max brightness while viewing an image of pure black in a dark room. If you see random areas where the screen looks brighter and/or dimmer than the others, you also have an uneven tint. I see these on my phone's display near the sides; the spots look like bright, yellow semi circles.

For reference, my phone is an iPhone 6s, 64GB SIM free Silver with a Samsung chip (doubt the chip matters though, but it's here for reference as well).

I will try to post pictures of my display later. For now, I'd like to see if anyone else has these issues. Thanks!

Chicki

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
I returned my 6s Plus with very uneven backlighting... And my new one has two pressure spots on the lower left. One of them is a big purple one, which I find weird, I thought they were all blue lol

Reactions: viperGTS

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
We have several other threads that are working nicely but now have a MEGATHREAD!!!

Do not think another thread is really needed.

There's no thread that merges all of the issues together.

Reported. Go troll somewhere else. Thanks for ignoring my warning.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

That's not trolling. It's staying an obvious fact. Report me for trolling all you want but this thread isn't necessary when there are so many already available. I'm pretty sure it's part of the rules to search and use other threads before creating a new one.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

So instead of having separate thread that can specifically discuss and troubleshoot individual issues, you decided to make a more generic and convoluted thread that will have to maintain the exact same conversations already happening elsewhere?

(I bolded mine as well to ensure you knew I meant business and that you would read it.)

Last edited:

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
If anyone has anything of importance to add to this thread, I would really appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.