Iphone 6/ 6 plus Cambridgeside Galleria

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by xcrunner41888, Sep 18, 2014.

1. xcrunner41888 macrumors newbie

Anyone going here to pick up the new phones. Wondering what time people are planning on getting there and how the line is looking if people are already waiting.

2. encollins macrumors newbie

Galleria

Probably getting there around 4AM as I don't think the Mall even opens until 5AM.

3. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

Hey guys....I'm the same as the original poster, wondering what time people will start lining up at. I'm really wanting to get a 6+, so I'm thinking I might be there tonight around midnight.

What are your thoughts?

Craig

4. encollins macrumors newbie

Galleria

I want a 6+ as well but midnight might be an odd play as the neighborhood in that area is not the safest and the galleria does not physically open till 5AM. In the past I have gotten there by 5:45 and never had a problem getting the unit I was after but with the 6+ shortage I am getting there at 4AM and I think that should be work.

5. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

Encollins, where do you lineup at the mall, do they let you go inside? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never lined up at the Galleria before. I guess I'm concerned about which entrance to go to...etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. encollins macrumors newbie

Galleria

Every year I have gone to the Applestore I have waited inside as it has been after 5AM when I arrive. This year will be different and a bit of an adventure so I am not sure where the line will be. I will be waiting in the front of the mall probably. Maybe someone else can chime in on their pre 5AM experience.

7. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

"The front of the mall"....I guess that's my biggest question, where exactly is the "front of the mall", is it next to the Cheescake factory? The mall has a few different entrances and I just want to make sure I'm waiting next to the "right one".

If that makes any sense.

8. xcrunner41888 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have never waited before either. I want a 6+ on ATT so I am hoping getting there around 5 am when the mall opens will be good enough. Also that is supposedly when the stores will start doing their new digital wait system thing.

9. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

XCRunner, I'm wanting the same set up for phone....I just don't know if 5am gets it done this year. Seems like a ton of demand for the plus and I don't know how many they will have.

Once again, I just want to make sure I line up in the correct spot.

10. xcrunner41888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I am concerned about it too. The fact that they sold out online so quickly makes me feel like there will not be a lot of them. Seems the regular 6 is plenty available, so it makes me think anyone waiting will be waiting for the 6+

11. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

I was actually considering heading down to the Hingham store tonight. Usually a little less crowded and a safer area to sit/camp.

If not..I'm sure I'll see you in cambridge.

12. xcrunner41888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Whatever you do, send out an update if you can

13. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

So...just called the Boylston street location. Already 6 people in line!! Hooooly crap.

Feel like camping out for the night? lol

14. xcrunner41888 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is why I am planning to go to this store. I feel the Boylston St one will be a complete mess, not that this one wont be busy.

15. Texasian macrumors newbie

I'm of two minds on Cambridgeside vs Boylston.

Boylston is going to be a madhouse, but as the flagship store for the area, wouldn't they have more stock?

Then again, living in Somerville, the galleria is so much easier to get to.

16. cschorer79 macrumors newbie

Texas,

You are correct on both accounts. Based on all the info I've read this afternoon, there is going to be major shortages of the 6+. I'm thinking I'm going to head down to Boylston later this evening and try my luck there. At least I can know specifically where I am in line (there is only one place to lineup) and they are (most likely) going to receive the most stock of any store(s) in the area.

Good luck guys!

17. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Boylston will probably be the one to avoid. Especially if you didn't pre-order, unless you plan on getting in line right now.

Cambridgeside will be busy too (especially with Harvard/MIT, etc), but shouldn't be bad. I wonder where people would even line up. That mall has like half a dozen diff't ways in. :eek:

I think people's best bets are at Chestnut Hill, South Shore, North Shore, or even Burlington. Get out of the area with students.

----------

Also, I wanted to say Good Luck to all the fellow MR folk around here! :apple:

Hope everyone gets the iPhone they wanted.

18. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Just went to Boylston street store. The non pre order line is easily 120+ deep. 3/4s are Asian scalpers.

Good luck to those who actually want one for themsleves!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]