iPhone 6/6 Plus - Chapelfield, Norwich, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by SMIDG3T, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMIDG3T, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

So people, plans?

I have reserved my iPhone 6 with 64GB of storage in space grey which will save getting up really early, I did choose the earliest pickup time of 0800-0900 but I'll get there for around 0730ish.

By the way, last year with the iPhone 5s I got there at 0800 and I was the second-to-last person in the queue and I still managed to get what I wanted!

UPDATE:

All models are now unavailable to reserve.

A lady rang me who was from Chapelfield and said the entrance that'll be open is the one where the massive TV used to be.

2. Browno01 macrumors regular

I queued up last year and was about 15th in line, got there at 1am, no way am I queueing again knowing that pre-orders are available. 10 or so people in front of me last year were all people that had been paid and sent out to queue and buy all the Gold 16GB's, and by the time it got to them they had all gone :p But, good luck!

3. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

I think I have been to every launch since the store opened (apart from the iPhone 5s) I was tempted to pre-order online again but why miss the fun :D As for what time I shall get there is a tricky one now. I used to only live 10 mins walk away... now I'm in Lowestoft without a car :mad: So I shall do my best to still be there in time to be within the first 10 people as always!

Oh and it's looking like the 6 Plus 64GB White/Gold for me!

4. madmads macrumors regular

madmads

I did queuing last year but I can't get the day off this year so I'm pre ordering. Good luck all!

5. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

Well I was going to pre-order this morning... however with trouble of getting online via Safari or the App, I have missed the first "batch" All of the 6+ models now have a shipping time of 3-4 week!! :eek:

Looks I shall be joining you around the 4am mark ;)

6. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

I've reserved mine, if you want the 6, you can too, the 6 Plus is all out.

Here's the link:

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

I have a 0800-0900 pickup time so because of this I won't need to get up at stupid o' clock!

7. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

That was the plan however Im after the 6 Plus. Im waiting for Three to start their pre order. If nothing looks worthwhile Phones4U have the 6 Plus available to deliver on the 19th :p

8. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

I was third in the queue last year, considering doing the same again if EE don't come through! It was quite a laugh, apart from the apple staff high-fiving everyone

9. tklara, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

tklara macrumors newbie

Hi! As I was never queuing up before what time should I get there to make sure I will get iPhone? 6-7 o'clock is enough or far too late?

10. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

If it's anything like last year I'd go for a few hours before to make sure. I got there around half one and I was third. A huge mass of people who all seemed to know each other turned up around 4ish, that's when the queue really started to build.

11. tklara macrumors newbie

I will try to get there as early as possible but I don't have a car and live in Dereham. Fingers crossed:apple:

12. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Last year with the 5s I got there at 0800 and there were only two iPhone's left and luckily the colour and capacity I wanted was still available!

If you haven't reserved one, (if it's the 6 you want, you can still reserve it by the way, I just checked on the Apple website) and you're just queuing up, I'd get there for 0300-0400, 0500 at the very latest.

13. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

If the website is saying "Unavailable" for the 6+ Would there still be any point in waiting around early hours of the morning do you think?

14. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

That's a good point. I'm not really sure! I'm not sure if there are separate stock piles, one for reserve only and one for simply buying from the store.

I'd ring them in the morning and ask. If they are seperate piles, you'd need to get there VERY early if you wanted a iPhone 6 Plus.

15. tklara macrumors newbie

I rang Chapelfield and lady said that all iphones are reserved but "you might be lucky" she said. I don't really know what to do? Should I go or just wait for another batch of iphones to arrive? What do you think guys? Give it a try?

16. U8ER-N3RD, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

Personally I have decided not to wait for Apple. Im not a lucky person :D So I have ordered mine from Phones 4U and the sales team said they will be shipping the phones in time for the 19th

UPDATE
    Scrap that... I have just seen that Phone 4U have hit administration!! :mad: Crap! There goes my £700

17. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Look, if you get there early enough, you'll get one. It's very hard to judge just
    HOW early. If you want a 6 Plus, get there for midnight-0200, if it's the 6, I'd get there for 0300-0500.

----------

Ah, I did see that.

Surely you'll get the £700 back?

18. tklara macrumors newbie

Now I am thinking of getting there around midnight. It's going to be my first time. I would like to feel the excitement. Wish me luck guys!:apple:

19. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yeah, get there for midnight and I think you'll be fine. Let us know how you get on!

20. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

Yeah that's the plan. Ive been all over the place trying to try and get this sorted. Trouble is getting this solved before the Friday :( If so I shall be therefrom midnight too :D

21. tklara macrumors newbie

They will let us in through the main door near office shop, right?

22. Browno01 macrumors regular

Queue where the big screen used to be basically.

However... I have just rang and enquired as my brother wants one on launch, and they said it's looking like they may have no on the day stock and it's reservation only... :eek:

23. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

I'm not actually sure what entrance will be open.

I think last year it was the entrance where the massive TV was.

24. U8ER-N3RD macrumors member

U8ER-N3RD

Nope, this is a common mistake that a lot make. The door you want to wait by is around the corner along Chantry Rd (opposite a small pay & display car park). This where they let the staff in. The entrance is directly opposite the store once inside. Every year this is where the line begins.

Providing I find out whats going on with Phones 4U and my payment I shall see you down there :D

25. tklara macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. See you on thursday night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.