iPhone 6/6 Plus - King of Prussia, PA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by njn007, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

Hello again, everyone.

I've got the lucky privilege of starting this thread for the 3rd year in the row (I was sick last year, but made sure I won't have this happen again).

I'm trying to gather some people from my personal circle to go, and hope we can get a nice gathering this year! :D

I'll be calling the store and mall security sometime early next week to inquire about camping out (if we'll be allowed in the mall or forced outside, since it's been different over the years).

I hope you enjoyed today's announcement as much as I have!

Nicholas

2. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I'll probably be there if I don't get a preorder in. Keep the updates coming!

3. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Why hello! You might have convinced me to go the King of Prussia Mall instead! What time do people typically go to this mall to line up for launches?

4. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

Haha that didn't take much hard work :p

I am aiming to be there by 9pm Thursday night. I recall for the iPhone 5 that the actual line didn't get too big until roughly 5am. I did the longer wait mainly for the thrill of being 3rd in line, but eh, that part is up to you.

I wouldn't wait much past 3am or so, but that may depend on your interest (6 or 6 Plus, especially if 6 Plus shipments are much smaller).

5. codyw246 macrumors newbie

I'm definitely gonna be there! It was a lot of fun getting to hangout with everyone waiting for the doors to open at 8! I went at midnight last year and ended up being 7th in line. Only thing is that I can't quite remember what entrance we waited at.. I'm pretty sure it's right around the corner from Neiman Marcus entrance, right?

6. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

Two years ago, when I last made it out, I parked and entered the mall at the Rite Aid (if you're standing at the Apple store and facing it, turn left and down that hallway).

If I remember correctly, people stood outside last year, correct codyw246?

7. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

I've also now confirmed that I will probably have no option but to camp, since pre-orders aren't going to allow full price sales w/o signing new 2 year agreements (which I don't want).

This is ok, as I will be glad to meet some awesome friends next Thursday night/Friday! :)

8. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Looks like I won't be camping out after all. I, somehow, managed to get my preorder in for delivery on 9/19.

9. qap52, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

qap52 macrumors newbie

What time are people planning on lining up? I'm thinking of getting to the RiteAid around midnight! Hoping to get my hands on a 64GB Space Grey 6+ :)

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Shoprite?

11. qap52 macrumors newbie

12. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

I don't know. If you're hoping for a 6 Plus, by 3am would probably be best. I'm not quite sure how many will line up. :confused:

----------

To those interested in knowing:

I plan on calling mall security tomorrow to find out if any plans have been made for us (namely whether we will be indoors or forced outdoors overnight).

If you have any questions that you want me to ask them, go ahead and reply...

I was considering a call to the Apple store too, but I doubt they'd have any information on waiting location or supplies (although those of us in for a 6 Plus would probably prefer to know stock numbers).

13. nkw40 macrumors newbie

My husband was sitting with you last year. I had to sign in under new name.

I plan on being there around 9 or so. Looking forward to hearing what you find out!!

14. Tachion macrumors member

I should be there. Will be my first iPhone launch, so I have no idea what to expect. Planning on showing up around 330-4 to snag a 64 gig space grey 6.

If anyone could post what they hear from security about lining up, etc. that'd be amazingly helpful!

15. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

Yes, I remember him! It was actually two years ago, because I was unfortunately sick last year.

I didn't get to call today, worked much later than anticipated. Tomororw morning I'll be giving them a call and will post results here.

16. green86 macrumors 6502

green86

Hey there,

I've been an iPhone user since the beginning but this week will be my first time doing this (getting one on launch day, hopefully!). My question is, I have a 12 hour work day tomorrow, so I was hoping to get at KOP around 6 am for a space grey 64gb plus. Is it even worth trying since I'll be getting there so late?

17. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

Just called mall security (was a rather brief call) and was told that we would be lining up at the Rite Aid entrance (the entrance closest to the store). We would be outside overnight (likely until ~5am or thereabout).

Below is a map if you need it!

Attached Files:

18. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

I'm not sure, I would say around 3/4am is probably better. I think the 6 Plus is also very limited, so even those showing up early may not get one :(

19. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

I'll be in Cherry Hill NJ, instead if King of Prussia. Pretty close by, so I'll be there in spirit :D

20. MegoApesNut macrumors newbie

That's funny, I called security yesterday and was told to line up at the Macy's crosswalk.

21. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I would suggest also Willow Grove Mall as an option. I have a buddy that works there, and he said that they expect their supply to be just as strong as the King of Prussia or Center City locations.

Also, he said he anticipates the line here being much, much shorter. Previous experience has said that you'll have to deal with large groups of re-sellers saving places for others and taking spots in line at this location particularly.

22. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

That surprises me. Two years ago they were forcing people to move their cars around and enter at Rite Aid (they actually locked the doors at the crosswalk).

Maybe call again today? I would be interested to see if we get anymore dissimilar information...

----------

That's interesting. I've never really noticed resellers or anyone holding spots, but ehhhh.

KoP is only 20 minutes from my house, so either way I'll stick it out (I do agree with your statement about quantities too, especially since KoP moved to a larger location).

23. Dimple! macrumors newbie

KoP Rite Aid

I talked to mall security guard (yesterday) and he called on his radio to the office and confirmed the Rite Aid side entrance. Went to ask at Apple and they were rude and said we have no idea - lol what shocker :rolleyes:
    See you all sometime when I can get out of bed...
    Dimple :)

24. njn007 thread starter macrumors regular

njn007

Sounds about right... I've tried asking Apple store employees in years past and they never seemed to be sure either. Sometimes they guess, but honestly, all they should do is defer to the mall/Upper Merion police.

25. Dimple! macrumors newbie

Hi Nicholas - Do you really plan to go that early around 9ish, wow.
    I don't think I can stay up all night :) Will join you and the rest a little later...
    tnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.