iPhone 6/6 Plus Launch Apple Store Oxmoor Mall, Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by RagingGoat, Sep 16, 2014.

1. RagingGoat macrumors 6502

I was not able to get a preorder for a 6 Plus so I'm planning on camping out at the Oxmoor Apple Store. I'm planning on getting there Thursday evening/night. Anyone else camping out at this store?

2. Charlesvania macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you, but I was going to get there at 6am Friday. Do you think that will be too late?

3. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

I don't know if it will be too late to get a phone, but it might result in you waiting in line for the rest of the day. I've stood in line 3 different times at Oxmoor (3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5). The 3GS was easy, I got there around 5-6am and got my phone within about 1.5-2hrs. The iPhone 4 was a disaster! I got there at midnight and the security guard told me they weren't allowing campers and that no one could line up until 6am, well I showed back up at 5:30 and there were about 300 ppl in front of me. I waited 12 hours that day. I learned my lesson the next time, and got there at midnight for the iPhone 5, and was probably one of the first 10-15 in line. Sure I waited all night, but it was better than wasting my entire day standing in the mall.

I plan on going over there around midnight again tonight and getting a spot, I figured with 2 phones being released, there are going to be ALOT of people showing up, and if it's anything like the i4, than the line will be wrapped around the building by the time the mall opens.

4. RagingGoat thread starter macrumors 6502

I just called the mall to ask when they were going to let people line up and they told me to call back in an hour. I'm planning on getting there around 7 or so tonight.

5. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

I've got a buddy who is going to scope it out around 9. I really don't want to get there any earlier than 11-12, but if people are getting there at 7, then I might have to lol.

6. solidgiant macrumors newbie

I just stopped by the mall and there are currently no one waiting in line. It's 3pm EST.

I plan on stopping back again later tonight to check when the line forms, and how long it is.

I concur with the other guys on this thread. I went to the 4 launch a long time ago, and the security guard said come back at 7am when I would be allowed to be on the property. Well when I came back, the line was so long I didn't even wait.

I did call the security office at Oxmoor yesterday and they said that no one is allowed to wait in line till 5am... Not sure how that's going to hold up with security though.

7. Charlesvania macrumors newbie

People at Apple are insane. They keep telling me different times lol. I've had employees tell me 5am, 6am and 8am.

I'd say the most accurate time I've heard is that the Mall opens at 5am and the Apple Store opens at 8. There will be two lines, one for preorders and one for walk in customers. This will be my first time camping, I normally order online, but the online preorder thing was busted :(

8. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

I wouldn't trust what the mall says, they always tell everyone the latest times possible in order to try and prevent a over night line.

The apple store opens at 8, they will allow people in the mall around 6-7. Security will give the first couple people who show up a hard time, but after 10-20 people show up security will give up.

It does worry me that they are doing the 2 lines, as this was the issue behind the long wait time for the iPhone4. They would allow about 30 preorder customers into the store for every 1 non preorder. They didn't allow preorder pick up for the i5 which made things go very smoothly. This makes me think things might be crazy tonight.

9. Charlesvania macrumors newbie

I pray this isn't how they are doing it. Did any of you actually get the option to pick up in-store? I was up at 5:30am when the preorders went live and the option to pick up in store was grayed out, and has remained unclickable since.

I'm getting 6+ 128gb :cool: unless they run out of phones... which means ill be waiting until November :mad::eek:

10. RagingGoat thread starter macrumors 6502

I called mall security and the guy was very nice. He said as far as mall management is concerned, the line won't start until 6 am but he told me to just come and have a good time and not cause any trouble. With that said, I am sitting outside in front of Yang Kee Noodle now and would love some company.

11. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

Haha I should be there in a few hours, I don't get off work till 10. How does it feel being first in line lol?

12. Charlesvania, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

Charlesvania macrumors newbie

Is there already a line building? If so let me know and I'll come sooner. I was planning on going to sleep now and leaving at 3am.

Also, I'll be wearing a Metriodvania T-shirt and have a fold out chair :) so if you spot me, say hello

13. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

Not sure, won't be there till about 12. Ill keep everyone updated when I get there

14. akmelton macrumors newbie

It is now 9:33pm, how are the lines so far? I get off work at midnight and it's an hour drive for me to make there. Coming from madison, indiana

15. RagingGoat thread starter macrumors 6502

There is currently a line of around 20-30 or so.

16. Jcmoney macrumors newbie

Ya it's about 30 deep. I expect it to be a big turn out. The i5 didn't have this many till like 2-3 am

17. Charlesvania macrumors newbie

Got here at 12:16 and holy sheeeit the line is long already :(

18. akmelton macrumors newbie

30 mins outside of Louisville here

19. JuiceZ macrumors newbie

Have fun guys. Long time Louisville native here. I preordered this time but had a blast waiting for the iPhone 4 some years ago. :)