iPhone 6/6 Plus Meet-up - Mall of Georgia

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by kesmith, Sep 16, 2014.

1. kesmith macrumors member

It's about that time of the year again.

So whose heading to Mall of Georgia in Buford?

They are always swift and in and out.

I got a preorder but with the issues they had I have to wait until first week if October, which isn't bad, but I'm considering going to MOG.

Any other takers?

2. dbknightx macrumors member

Going to be heading somewhere after the Falcons game. Was thinking of Lenox but will consider MOG. Do they have somewhere to lineup around 1am?

3. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure yet. they switch things every year. i'm going later on tonight to snoop for information.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I'll be there about 11am... to pick up my preorder :p

5. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Line Up Info (Updated) as of 6:41PM

Hey peeps.

So, we are going to be lining up at either the same place the 5S/5C was last year to the left of belk or in front if belk (management still deciding)

Last year we parked at HHGregg until it was time to line up since technically you can't be on mall property and HHGREGG isn't on mall property. Security and Buford place will move you or threaten to arrest you so it's best to just come here.

It's another guy and myself already here.

I have tags for numbers and markers.

----------

Look at the information I just posted above

----------

Look at the info I just posted above

6. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

So last year they kept people off the parking lots also? Perimeter did the same thing, which I think is ridiculous. The problem with us making our own numbered tags and such, is that it means nothing to Apple if everyone goes running up to the mall when security allows people to line up outside the door. That's what happened at Perimeter and it was a disaster.

How long was the line last year around 0500 or so?

7. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Mall of Georgia was great last year and the first person here last year brought tags and we lined up. It's nothing like Perimeter. We were respectful of one another so it wasn't a problem.

Because of the products being launched, 5:00AM is pushing it.

Last year I got here at 4:30 and I was #20 in line and I had to get a black phone because they had limited gold. I ended up being able to get a gold one a week later but still.

The earlier you can come so you can get the phone you want the better.

8. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I guess I'll see you around 3 then at HHGregg. Hopefully this year, with Cumberland Mall and Pre-orders, the older stores will be less busy.

----------

Any word from mall security how they're going to handle it this year? It changes all the time at these darn malls. I wish we had a standalone Apple here.

9. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

I'll be there at around 3am as well, I'm going with my girlfriend.. We're taking an Uber because my car broke down yesterday and it's in the shop (how convenient right?)

Does anyone want me to bring anything? Like soft drinks or something to snack on while we wait?

----------

I just got off the phone with Mall of Georgia Security and they told me no one was allowed on location before 5am..

At 5am, the entrance nearest to Bachrach (on main level) will be open and the line will move indoors.

10. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Yeah but u think overall demand for phone is great.

Security are handling it the same way they did last year. They kept things right here. Took small groups of people to the restroom on break and when they decided to start letting people in, they did it in groups until Apple said it was okay to have everyone line up near thr store.

See you soon.

----------

Your right they said the same thing but HHGregg is not mall property so that's why people meet here and than move over a few minutes before 5. Been doing the same thing the last 3 years.

----------

11. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Haha no problem.. HHGregg is right across the street right?

12. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Yeah

13. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Thanks! See you guys :D

14. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Most definitely

15. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Sound like you've got the situation in hand out there. I'm tempted to head out that way even though it is a bit further off a drive than perimeter (sounds like they have an actual plan this year based on another thread). Dowe mall of Georgia usually carry a pretty good stock level?

16. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

After talking it over with my girlfriend, we won't be able to get there at 3am since we're relying on an Uber cab (not going to stand in an empty parking lot for 2 hours without a car)

How many people were there at 5am last year?

17. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Perimeter because of volume seems like they are gonna have okay stock but everyone goes there and Lenox.

Considering Lenox had the shooting today I'm assuming more people will go to Perimeter.

Mall of Georgia usually has good stock though.

----------

Between 75-100

18. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

I'll be coming around 6ish I can't get away from camping, I got a preorder for tmobile for next week but I hate waiting, specially when my wife's phone is coming in tomorrow, hopefully they have a few 64gb 6 plus for tmobile otherwise I'll be highly disappointed

----------

Anybody there to report if there is a line, I may go in earlier if those idiots aren't kicking people out, cause we're such a big threat! Lol idiots

19. kesmith thread starter macrumors member

Worse experience ever. Never had a problem with launches in my 3 years of going to MOG.

One group who was being respectful of security of police and than you had people lining up and not caring. Police were called and security and police are making sure no one is allowed on the property.

They are not letting anyone on the property until 5.

A few of the original launch people decided to leave just because there was too much going on and let's just say some people had weapons on them.

Since Apple screwed up my original preorder I just reordered again. I'd rather wait a few weeks than deal with chaos over a phone.

Good luck peeps. Seems like also their is a nationwide shortage for colors and sizes of 6 plus.

20. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Sucks that you wasted your time because of some hooligans. I'm just going to deal with the crowds at Lenox and see what happens.