iPhone 6/6 Plus Meetup, Chinook Mall, Calgary

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by MrBambinoDent, Sep 15, 2014.

1. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

So is anybody here going to camp for the iPhone 6?
    My online preorder slipped to 3-4 weeks delivery so I might go for the first time and try to snag one, I just hope they get enough stock unlike their screw up in online orders!

2. 403GhettoP macrumors newbie

Yea I think I am going to camp this year. It will be my first time doing so - my first Apple purchase ever for that matter. I get off work at 7:30pm the night before and was actually considering going straight there because I saw some videos online for the 4/4s launch and there seemed to have a fairly strong turn out. But I don't know if I am still going to go that early lol, I think I might just take the last bus there and show up at about 1am.

What about you?

3. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

I always went with online preorder but since it didn't work out for me (thanks to Apple stupid server meltdown) I might give it a try then again I'm not sure how I'll be able to spend 12+ hours sitting there and my biggest fear is camping then being screwed by limited stock!

4. 403GhettoP macrumors newbie

I don't think that many people will be there by 1am like myself. I think you are saying that is too early for yourself? What time would you show up if you were to "camp"?

5. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

Honestly I'd go at like 9-10pm if that means I'm getting my 128 gold 6+ I want :D I'm just worried about how I'm gonna spend all that time, I lined up for game launches but that was a couple hours max!

I'll probably go anywhere between 10pm and 2am though, hope that's enough and I'll bring my 3DS, PS Vita, iPad, battery pack and a huge amount of snacks bedsides my lawn chair lol

6. 403GhettoP macrumors newbie

Yea that's the real problem, what the hell will I do while waiting for X amount of hours. I would borrow my brothers DS but the only game he has that I like is Legend of Zelda: OT but I already merked that game a long time ago. Maybe I will hit up the near by gentleman's club for a while ;)

7. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

lol you mean the Risqué Rogue?
    You can't leave the line I guess? Can you go to the washroom though?

8. 403GhettoP macrumors newbie

Yea well I really don't think too many people will be out there waiting around 2-2:30am. I am pretty sure anyone who shows up before 4am will get what they want.
    Not entirely sure that I will hit up Risque, just saying - it's a possibility!

9. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

I'll probably spend my normal evening and after I'm done with anything I possibly wanna do I might just pack some stuff and head to the mall, hopefully they won't kick us outside though lol

10. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

Do you guys prefer going to Market mall or Chinook? and around what time??
    I am after gold iPhone 6+, I believe they don't have a lot these in stock! It's bizarre that you are willing to spend a grand on a phone and you can't find one!!! lol but then again it makes this whole thing more exciting.. :p

11. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

If I go I'll probably go to the Chinook cause I live very close by, my only problem with the excitement and all is when they tell us we can't get the phone we want after lining up for 10+ hours!
    Seriously what I hate the most is the amount of scampers who are getting ready to wipe the stock and take it to Kijiji, I hate those people :mad:

12. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

I have heard that people already lining up at Chinook, Is it true??? Can anyone confirm that?

thanks

13. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

I checked last night at 11:30pm there was nobody at the Chinook!

14. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

Are they going to Kick people out of the mall at 9PM?

15. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

Don't think they will do that!

16. NewYorkRanger macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

17. ace4life macrumors newbie

Can one of you guys taken picture of the line, so I know what to expect for market

18. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

Anyone??? Howz the line up at chinook and market mall so far??

19. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

About 100 ppl at chinook already!!

Attached Files:

20. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh I'm not going then! After 100 people I have no chance scoring the phone I want especially since it's one of the most desirable models!

21. MrBambinoDent thread starter macrumors regular

Did you get the phone you wanted?

22. NewYorkRanger macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

Heh, watching the news, there was a brawl when they let people from the outside line inside. A brawl. Over a PHONE. Glad I avoided this disaster.

23. Ali0056 macrumors newbie

Nah I came back last night. Way too many ppl already in the line. I wanted to atleast in the first 20.. But guess was too late for that.
    I was at market mall today and was told by a rep that apparently we can reserve and collect online tonight after 12 as they are expecting more stock tonight. But chances of getting 6+ r slim. (Not sure if thts true or just whole load of crap! Lol)
    Ah.. Screw it! Might just wait for iphone 6s+ lol with A9 and probably 2 gig ram lol