iPhone 6/6 Plus model number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blueteeth, Sep 9, 2014.

1. blueteeth macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

On the iPhone 6 and 6 plus specifications page (http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6), I see the following information:

Just wondering, if I pre-order the unlocked version (I'm in Canada btw) on Apple store, which model am I getting?

Thanks!

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Most likely A1549 / A1522 (GSM).

3. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I assume the first two are T-mobile/ATT

The second two are Sprint/Verizon

And the final one is China (Specific Bands for Chinese Service)

Looks like Sprint and Verizon are actually identical this time due to unification of LTE bands.

Apple seems to be promoting that any can be bought with or without a service plan, but I wonder if only the T-mobile one will be able to be ordered online without a service plan?

----------

I'm a T-mobile customer, but would most likely like to score a Verizon one without a service plan.

4. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Nah.
    https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

A1549 / A1522 (CDMA): Verizon

A1549 / A1522 (GSM): AT&T/T-Mobile

A1586 / A1524: Sprint (and China, I guess)

5. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Thanks for the correction.....more reason to avoid the Sprint phone....complete oddball.

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Actually, the only issue with the Sprint phone is that Sprint might not unlock it. Otherwise, it's got all 16 LTE bands on the AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon version as well as the extra 4 LTE bands for China. If it can be unlocked, then it's great since it can be used on all GSM carriers.

Caveat, Verizon's unlikely to allow non-Verizon iPhones on their CDMA network but with VoLTE, this might not even be an issue.

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

Does the verizon model have sprint lte bands? Is it definite sprint won't activate a verizon phone on its network?

What bands is different between 5s and 6? 5s has 13 bands. 6 has 20 bands now. But what's added on the 6?

I'm assuming both the Att model and verizon support all tmobile 3G and 4g freq??

And no model supports tmobile band 12?

Thanks!!

8. BruiserB macrumors 65816

So what's the difference between LTE and FDD-LTE....are they interchangeable? Seems to be same band numbers but different versions of LTE? Or is FDD the "normal" LTE that the other phones have and its only shown on that model to differentiate it from TD LTE which I believe is the Chinese version of LTE?

Why does Sprint use that phone?? Do they have roaming agreements with the Chinese carrier that uses the additional bands or something?