iPhone 6/6 Plus - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ACoD360, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ACoD360 macrumors newbie

Like I did for the 5 and 5s, I'll be going to Bayshore. Got first in line at 1 am.

2. rocketkev macrumors member

I'll probably be at bayshore again this year. I tried to pre-order but I got 3-4 week shipping estimates :(
    (Btw, I was the guy behind you last year at bayshore :p)

3. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha yeah I remember you from last year! I hear demand for the 6 is much higher than demand for the 5s so I'll need to get there really early. And are you trying to get the 6 or 6 plus?

4. rocketkev macrumors member

Well demand for the gold 5s was crazy!! I'll tell you a funny story on Friday about what happened to my gold 5s. You'll have a good laugh. I'm still so undecided! I want the form factor of the 6 but the battery and better screen with optical is would be nice too. At an extra cost of about 100$ tho. I'd kinda want to play with them both before. I hope the staff lets me do that :p. All I know is that I'm buying a 64gb version. Btw, do you happen to know if I can buy 2 iPhones?

----------

I forgot to ask you. Which model are you going for?

5. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha yeah sounds good. I ended up selling my gold for a space grey :p If we get there around the same times but possibly earlier than last year, we might get exact same line placement as last time :p but yeah man I'm in the exact same situation as you. Definitely a 64GB, loving the form factor of the 6 but also loving the extra features of the 6 Plus. Idk if you remember but last year, one guy was very undecided and the manager gave him a good 30 seconds to run in and out of the store to get a quick glance of the phones. So we just gotta let them know we're undecided and they should let us (space grey for me though). And you should be good to buy two devices. I might actually buy two as we'll (one for me and one to sell). But yeah I know for sure 6 Plus demand is extremely high.

6. rocketkev macrumors member

That would be amazing if they gave us time to figure out the one we'd like. I can almost guarantee you that we'll be 1-2 again :p
    Seems like the 6 Plus has huge demand with little supply. It might be the one I end up with. Worst case scenario, if the plus is too big for me, I'll just sell it away and get a 6 instead. Don't forget to bring a chair :)

----------

Btw heads up. Temps for Thursday's and Fridays low are about 3 degrees Celsius. I remember last year being much warmer then that! :(

7. MikeNemat macrumors regular

Anyone know if Bayshore is allowing people to remain in the mall overnight again?

8. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably the same case as last year for the gold 5s. And yeah I'll be getting there at around 12:30 ish yeah I agree we'll be in the same places.

----------

Last year they didn't let us in until 5 :/

9. MikeNemat, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

MikeNemat macrumors regular

Oh my bad, I was thinking of the year before for the iPhone 5! It was so great to have a bathroom and that little coffee shop they kept open throughout the night.

I got screwed on the preorder. I was up at 3AM and by the time I got the "Add to Cart" to work at around 4:30AM (even with the iOS app...), the 6+ I wanted was at 3-4 weeks. By the time I heard that the iPad app (which I also have...) worked better than the iPhone app, it was too late.

I'll be there at Bayshore. Fingers crossed the entire 6+ line isn't another 5S Gold fiasco. I'm dead set on a 6+ 64GB Silver and will be downright pissed if I don't get one after waiting 8 hours in line.

10. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I'm still trying to decide between 6 or 6+ in space grey!! What time are you planning on getting there?

11. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I'm still trying to decide between 6 or 6+ in space grey!! What time are you planning on getting there?

----------

Follow me on twitter guys. We can communicate through there on Friday too :p @charanialec

12. spiffy05 macrumors member

Just a heads up guys that the reservation system for Bayshore showed zero 6+ 64GB available when it went live. That could be because they wanted to hold them for people waiting in line, but I just want to caution you all!

I've reserved my silver 6 64GB, though. I've spoken to them and they said to come in, where there will be no line. We'll see!

13. MikeNemat macrumors regular

Thinking 1-2AM. Going to call the store or perhaps even go there earlier on Friday to get some info about where to line up and any info on stock if they're willing to give it out.

14. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Read online and went to the store and I was told those reserved phones are separate from the "extra stock" (the first come first serve phones for people waiting in line)

15. therfman macrumors member

Looks like everyone is going to Bayshore. I think I'll try Rideau, since I can walk to work downtown afterwards.

I don't really feel like camping overnight though. I may just take the first bus in the morning and hope for the best. I don't need to be first; just early enough to get stock :)

16. rocketkev macrumors member

I'm getting the feeling that Rideau might have better stock. Only reason I'm going to bayshore is because I live way closer to that mall then Rideau. The apple store employees from past experiences, are tight lipped about stock. Let just hope there's plenty of stock at both stores for us who missed out on the pre-orders.

17. ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah man I agree. I have a buddy that knows someone at the Bayshore store. Maybe he can casually ask him if he has any stock info :D

18. rocketkev macrumors member

I'll keep you guys posted about the line at bayshore. You can follow me on twitter @kevinsmetana
    It will give you a better idea when to arrive.

19. ACoD360, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

ACoD360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a new account on twitter. Follow up @charanialec. Did some more reading and leaning more towards the 6 Plus (I gotta get there even earlier).

20. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

How long is the line thus far? Anyone there yet? I'm not sure if I should head to Bayshore or Rideau. I prefer Rideau because more things are open, I can go get coffee, etc.

----------

What time are you planning on getting there? I also want the 6 Plus.

21. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

Any updates on the lines at Bayshore or Rideau as of yet?

22. th0rbahn macrumors newbie

I'm gonna try my luck getting to rideau for opening around 6am tomorrow (with 3.49 mcdonalds coupon breakfast in hand, naturally). I might consider a few models (16/64 6 in silver or gold) so hopefully that improves my chances.

23. rocketkev macrumors member

From what remember from last year, the 5s had better availability at Rideau then Bayshore. It should be a similar story this year as well.

24. therfman macrumors member

For those of you going to Rideau, the mall just tweeted that it is closed from 0130 to 0530, so be prepared to wait outside in the cold if you're early.

25. crrp6501 macrumors newbie

Bayshore

Hi guys,

Where exactly are people lining up at Bayshore? I'm going to try my hand there rather than go all the way out to Rideau.

Can't wait! :)