iPhone 6/6 plus Stockton St. Apple Store SF

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by macnerd77, Sep 13, 2014.

1. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

I was able to finally get my pre-order in (64 gb Silver iPhone 6 plus). I am from Sacramento but the only store that had one in stock was the Stockton street store in SF. I'm not too sure how this store works. If I have a pre-order and I want to get it as close as possible to 8am on launch day what so you guys recommend? Will I need to camp out over night in a special line for pre-orders? I was in the city today and went buy the store. There is lots of construction in the area any recommendations on parking?

Any help y'all could give would be great.

Thanks Macnerd77 (Joshua)

2. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

Camp out or get there hella early. When the 4 launched, I got there at 4:30. Store opened at 7:30 and I was on my way home by 8

(Damn, I miss Cali! I live in the Midwest now)

3. macnerd77 thread starter macrumors regular

macnerd77

Thanks for the info. Wow moving from Cali to the Midwest must have been culture shock.

4. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

I'd camp out. In fact I'm staying clear away from this store. I have a bad feeling about crowds here. But if it's the best location for you, definitely stay the night.

5. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

I walk past this store everyday on my way to work.

Was it crowded last year? Or the T-Mobile stores? Just moved to SF about 5.5 months ago now.

6. cibit2000 macrumors newbie

I camped out a few years ago. Got to the store around 10pm and there were a decent amount of folks (this was back when they didn't do pre orders). Then by 2am it was packed and 4am it was around the block etc.

Last year i went when they had pre orders and it went a lot smoother however there is still a line. I would suggest you get there at least an hour to two hours before opening if you want to be in and out. Its going to be busy there all day so you really can't say i'll go later to avoid the crazyness.

There will be tons of news media early on too since its one of their flagship stores.

I'll be there myself for a pre order pickup probably around 6am so then i can head to work after.

7. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

No need to camp overnight if you have a preorder. Either go a couple of hours early or later in the afternoon/evening, as others have suggested. I'd recommend taking public transport into the city rather than parking. Drive from Sac to Pittsburg/Bay Point or Richmond and take the BART in, otherwise you'll be battling traffic.

8. macnerd77 thread starter macrumors regular

macnerd77

If you walk by the store today could you post an update as to if there is a line yet?

Thanks in advance :)

9. cibit2000 macrumors newbie

I just walked by as i had to go to the store to get something for my work which is only a couple of blocks from it. Currently right now the line is all the way up to Geary street (about 3 blocks) and is packed in. Its very tight there because of the construction.

10. macnerd77 thread starter macrumors regular

macnerd77

Thanks for the info. :)

11. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Line started around 2:30PM today and was already around the block...If you guys really want an iPhone 6 tomorrow go to chestnut! Im here right now and literally there's only 15 people here! Be sure to say hello if you guys come by :D

12. 105quarts macrumors newbie

What would be the optimal time to go by the store if you have pre-ordered? I was thinking around 10 or 11. Got tomorrow off so I thought I'd sleep in a bit and then swing by.

13. macnerd77 thread starter macrumors regular

macnerd77

The pre order line is going down Ellis. I'm first in line. Come by and say hi. :)

14. rkuo macrumors 6502a