iPhone 6/6+ The Westchester Mall, White Plains, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by prosp, Sep 18, 2014.

1. prosp macrumors member

Anyone planning on lining up tomorrow?

Also, can people share their experience from last year? Did they let people line up outside of different entrances? Was there a mad rush to the Apple store (which had happened in years past).

TIA

2. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Didn't go last year--hit Ridge Hill instead--but I've gone every other year prior. As you know, there are multiple entrances--and a fair amount of people line up at each one--and there's always a mad dash!! The kicker, however is that the guards take their sweet time opening up the doors and it isn't like there's one guard for each entrance, so they have to walk around to open each one. I figured after awhile that it probably doesn't really matter if you're at the closest entrance--there was no guarantee that you'd be the first entrance to open. Either way, I've never been told that they depleted their supply, so if you get there early enough, you should be fine.

3. Manzzle macrumors regular

Manzzle

I called today and I was told that the mall would open at 7am for Apple lines and the store will open at 8am. As for which entrance I'm puzzled as they only told me 125 Westchester Ave.

4. Micnation macrumors newbie

5. HERO XXL macrumors regular

6. prosp thread starter macrumors member

7. CaptainDunsel macrumors newbie

Don't bother line is around the Apple Store to around to nordstroms .. A lot of scalpers

8. Manzzle macrumors regular

Manzzle

So I'm at the mall and the lines are LONG. Furthermore they are saying no unlocked phones. They say they have tmobile phones but aren't those unlocked?

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Yes

10. Manzzle macrumors regular

Manzzle

The iPhone 6 plus for tmobile is sold out at this mall

11. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I work for target in white Plains and we're expecting a shipment tomorrow, so if anyone lucked out today, tomorrow is a good opportunity to buy one.