iPhone 6 - Allentown, PA (Lehigh Valley Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by sblemmy, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sblemmy macrumors member

sblemmy

My wife's been holding out for the iPhone 6 (her 4s is on its deathbed), so I really want to grab the 6 on launch day. Has anyone done an iPhone launch at Lehigh Valley Mall? I'd be interested in knowing what kind of crowd it pulls and get a sense of when I should arrive to make sure I get a 6.

2. Hinezy macrumors newbie

3. abd327 macrumors newbie

I didn't try last year for the 5s, but I did for the 5 in 2012. I had no luck, and ended up getting it by using the reservation system through Apple. I didn't have it until 3 weeks after launch.

----------

If you guys decide to go, I'd love an update! I am having minor surgery tomorrow, and no way will be able to be involved in the potential madness! Kinda sad, I didn't pre-order and I only live a mile from there, I'll practically be able to smell the excitement!:D

4. xfsasx macrumors member

Ok so here's the run down...I went last year for the 5s launch, I got there around 4am and there was already a half dozen people, but security will not let you line up, we sat in our cars until apple associates started creating a que line. Everyone kinda just piled in regardless of when they got there, I know I got screwed a couple spots, I believe I ended up in the high 20's in line, went with the intention of getting the coveted gold 5s, with silver being my second choice...well all they had when they got to me was space gray :( but I took it...so in preparation of this year I called the store, they said security decides when you're allowed on the property. I then called security and explained last years situation. NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON MALL PROPERTY TILL 6am!!!! Well that's kinda bogus if you ask me! This year I was planning on a 6+ but with limited supply and the very likely scenario I'll get screwed securing a good spot in line a 6 just may be the best option, rumors claim stores could have only a couple and no 16gb 6+s but ample supply of 6s in all sizes and colors...so if you want a 6 I'd say show up around 5 scope the scene and wait in line as soon as you can :)

5. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Good info, however I did the 4 launch and the 5s launch with them. For the 4 launch they said no one was allowed on the property until 5AM. I got there at 4:45 and there was a line of about 50. Last year was told the same thing, no one on the property until 5am. Got there at 4:30, was about 40th in line. So just because they say no one until 6am...eh I'm doubtful they'll uphold that.

6. xfsasx macrumors member

Update!

Here @ 3:30, mall security is not allowing us to line up until 5, Whitehall cops are patrolling. There's about 50 cars in the rear parking lot...so stupid!

7. TerpCJ macrumors newbie

Howwas the supply at Lehigh Valley?

Just wondering - did the people who lined up get the phone they wanted?

8. TerpCJ macrumors newbie

Sept 28th - Store IS getting stock of 6 Plus

Just an FYI -
    Got to the LV Apple store at 9 am Sunday and there was only one other person there to get a phone. By 9:45 there were approx 10 people in line. Waited until 10 for a store employee to come out and go down the line to tell us what was available. They only had two iPhone 6 Plus to sell - both were ATT 128 GB gold. That was it.
    I had a 64 GB on pre order - but it wouldn't ship until Oct 13th, so I decided to try a walk-in and lucked out. If I had been 15 mins later I would have gone home empty-handed.

They had a TON of iPhone 6 stock...everyone got one I think.
    Also, I paid full price and just slipped in my Go Phone SIM card and it worked immediately. Didn't use the SIM card that came in the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.