iPhone 6- Altamonte FL Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Surfer13134, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone going to be lining up? What time do you plan on going?

2. toekneeg macrumors member

Altamonte is going to be nuts. I'm trying to decide wear I'm going to go. Altamonte is just too populated, which sucks because I live 90 seconds away from the mall.

3. Surfer13134 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea I know but I think that is the best bet to be able to get an iPhone. I plane on getting there at Midnight maybe earlier.

I am going to be contacting the store to get infomation on line protocol and what they want us to do.

4. toekneeg macrumors member

If you get through, please post it up. I havent been able to reach anyone.

5. toekneeg macrumors member

Finally got through. Mall security and Altamonte PD won't let you on the property til 6am. Then its a mad dash to line up for the store opening at 8am. Looks like I'm going to try my luck at an AT&T store.

6. Surfer13134 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really??? That's ridiculous. There's going to be more problems doing it this way than having people line up at 9am!

7. bleinenbach407 macrumors newbie

I remember going to Altamonte for a release & it was crazy, I arrived around 6am & people were at every entrance to the mall when they opened. They ran in every direction toward the apple store. It was really disorganized. People didn't know which line was preorders & which one wasn't. Good luck if you are going to Altamonte!

8. skyking517 macrumors regular

Hey All,

I highly recommend the AT&T store in uptown. I worked there for five years up until May and for the 5s we had about 80 people in line and everyone got one, people were coming from the Apple store who had no luck around 11 or noon and were able to also get a device. This is just my recommendation of course.

9. toekneeg macrumors member

Did you have alot of overnight campers? This may be my plan to get my hands on a plus model. Hoping to camp there at midnight but after reading a few news articles, it looks like people go there at 9pm the night before.

10. Macalway, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  11. toekneeg macrumors member

I'll be calling around tomorrow night to see which one ill be at. Ill post up here when I hear who has the plus in stock.

12. toekneeg macrumors member

At the ATT store at Uptown Altamonte. 2nd in line. Only 20 Plus models in stock. Line is 80 deep right now.

13. toekneeg macrumors member

Got my phone I wanted. It was the ONLY space gray plus 64. Anyone in the mall?