iPhone 6 - Arrowhead Mall - Peoria, AZ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by tekchic, Sep 15, 2014.

1. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Anyone going out on launch? I have a pre-order for Space Gray 128gb 6 Plus. Not quite sure what time to line up (hoping they have a separate pre-order line).

Was thinking 7am since I do have pre-order for in-store pickup on 9/19. Not even sure what door will be open to get into the mall -- guessing food court top level?

2. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Last year there was a separate line for those who had pre-ordered, but it only had a couple people in it. Esentaily pre-order people could walk up to the front and go right in, but at that time, only the 5c could be pre-ordered and not the 5s. This year, Im sure the pre-order line will be longer but will still dwarf the line for those making the purchase at that time.

Knowing the phone you want is being held for you, I personally wouldn't get there until shortly before 8AM when they open. Also, the only entrance into the mall that will be open at that time of day is by the AMC movie theater on the north side.

3. tekchic thread starter macrumors 65816

tekchic

Thanks for letting me know! I was starting to second-guess my arrival time and show up at 6am, but I'll shoot for 7:30am or so instead. :)

4. jmlg macrumors newbie

Sounds like the mall doors won't open until 6am. Not sure what they will say if folks line up before that outside the mall doors.

5. tekchic thread starter macrumors 65816

tekchic

Preorder went super smooth at Arrowhead today. Showed up at 7:20am and was 5th in line for preorders. The regular line, however, wound through the mall almost to the far end.

It was a fun experience though -- it's the first time I've gone to a store for launch day, and it was a blast. Apple employees cheering and high-fiving customers, it was a happy atmosphere.