Iphone 6, Atlanta, GA, Lenox Mall

cooldude585

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Hi,

This is going to be my first time at the Apple Store at Lenox Mall.

Any suggestions for when to arrive?

Is anyone from here going to be camping at this store?

Thanks in advance!

dbknightx

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
I am leaning towards Lenox over other ATL stores. I need a 6+ 64GB Space Gray, which I think will be hard to get, so need to get there pretty early. I just don't know how early yet.

sk2dt

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
i'm going to Cumberland mall which is only 15 mins from my house
this will be my first time so i have no idea what time i should get there
try to get 6+ 64gb space gray

CashmereEsquire

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
i'm going to Cumberland mall which is only 15 mins from my house
this will be my first time so i have no idea what time i should get there
try to get 6+ 64gb space gray
I know someone who works there and said they doubt they will have any 6+, mainly 6's in the 16gb model. Just a heads up

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I'm kind of curious as well about which store in Atlanta to try. Like you i recently moved here so I can't speak to what took place in previous years. I'm thinking Lenox or perimeter would have the largest shipments but also the biggest crowds. Lenox is closer to where I live so I will probably roll over there early Friday morning.

dbknightx

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
It would be great to know where the line is going to form. It looks like in the past it forms out on Lenox rd near the bus stop across from the AT&T store. Anybody know what the plan is this year?

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
It would be great to know where the line is going to form. It looks like in the past it forms out on Lenox rd near the bus stop across from the AT&T store. Anybody know what the plan is this year?

That's really strange. I would have never thought that a bunch of people standing on Lenox road where in line for the Apple Store. That's a pretty good ways from the entrance!

NickG420

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
In Wayne Gacey's Basement
No one going to try the Mall of Ga?

You may have better luck there...I'm thinking of dropping by early in the AM to see what the line looks like and see if I want to try to get my hands on a 6+ instead of waiting for my pre-order to ship....

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
No one going to try the Mall of Ga?

You may have better luck there...I'm thinking of dropping by early in the AM to see what the line looks like and see if I want to try to get my hands on a 6+ instead of waiting for my pre-order to ship....

There was an earlier thread with a couple of people discussing the mall of Georgia but it is a little further drive out to it for me (I'm inside the perimeter). Have you had any experience with previous launches at any of these location? I'm just getting a regular 6 but would like have the bests odds of getting the exact model I am looking for.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Just a thought -- consider the new Apple store at Cumberland mall. It may not be as well know since it's under a month old.

Personally I'm sitting this one out, happy enough with my 5s for now.

NickG420

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
In Wayne Gacey's Basement
There was an earlier thread with a couple of people discussing the mall of Georgia but it is a little further drive out to it for me (I'm inside the perimeter). Have you had any experience with previous launches at any of these location? I'm just getting a regular 6 but would like have the bests odds of getting the exact model I am looking for.
Mall of Georgia is completely unpredictable....

I've seen there be as little as 10 people in line or as many as 100 just never know...But they've always had what I wanted...