iPhone 6 becomes unavailable on Apple Store Japan and Hong Kong

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tongxinshe, Dec 8, 2014.

1. tongxinshe macrumors 6502a

I was first informed by a friend in Japan, then I personally confirmed, that Apple Store Japan right now has no stocks of any iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus models. Then I went further to check Apple online stores for other regions and found out that the same thing also applies to Apple Store Hong Kong.

This seems to indicate something really big, just not sure on the negative side or the positive side. It's either that the iPhone 6 demand further surpassed Apple's expectation after they raised it, or that an unexpected manufacturing issues just recently surfaced. Anyone has further information as to whether there is actually a big positive or a big negative piece of news not publicized, yet?

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

the store here in germany never has any in Stock when I check

4. Acronyc macrumors 6502

The Apple online store here in Japan had stock until recently (my friend just received his 6+) and the physical stores also had stock when I was there a few weeks ago when I was getting a new mini, but stocks indeed do seem to be depleted right now. iPhones are pretty popular in Japan, so I think it's just a stock issue more than anything else. Glad I have my unlocked 6 now as I'll be traveling over the holidays.