iPhone 6: Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue WA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by srgarcia, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srgarcia macrumors newbie

Here's a thread to discuss the launch at the Bellevue Square location next Friday. From what I've gathered from previous launches at this location, 10-15 people will have lined up around midnight by the North side Nordstrom entrance, with about 40 people there by 5am. The doors will open at either 5 or 6 am, and tickets will be passed out to prevent a mad rush into the mall. Previous reports said ~100-150 people would be there by 6am, but given this is a huge launch, I would expect all these numbers to be a bit higher. Personally I'm planning on getting there early considering I'm shooting for a silver 64GB 6+ model on T-Mobile. I assume their stock will be lower for those.

2. trojanfan80 macrumors member

I haven't decided which one to hit up yet. I live in Puyallup so I have Tacoma mall, south center, and Bellevue. Also, my local AT&T company store said that last year people started lining up at 3am. Decisions decisions!

3. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

On apple website it says phones will be available at retail stores 8am friday. Does anyone know if bellevue square will open early to people going to the apple store?

4. minik macrumors 65816

I went to quite a few iPhone/iPad launches at Bellevue Square, they usually let people inside at ~6AM. Otherwise, people waited outside facing NE 8th Street.

5. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I preordered my iPhone 6 Plus with in-store pick up option. However, the Apple Store website is still showing my order as "Processing Items", so I will try to drop by Bellevue Square Thursday afternoon to find out what the situation is, and ask the employees if they have specifics on the procedure.

I recall when Microsoft released the Surface 2, they opened the mall around 2:00 to let people in and line up in front of the store.

6. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

My status is the same and from what im seeing even people that decided to have it shipped to them are still seeing the "processing items" status as well. It will change once you get an email that your item is ready for pickup which will be friday morning at some point. Other members have mentioned their order number starts with a W if everything went through how i'ts suppose to and your phone is reserved for you. Maybe check your bank account too, most people have been charged the price for the phone or at least have a pending charge

7. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Thanks, I do have an order number starting in W, and my credit card has a pending charge for the amount quoted by Apple. Just out of curiosity, those in Washington who opted for delivery would also be charged sales tax, right?

8. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Yeah even if you get it delivered you have to pay the sales tax

Is your pickup date the 19th? do you have a plan do be there early on the 19th or what? I have never done a pickup at this store so just curious what good timing would be

9. itsrobstrok macrumors newbie

I am thinking of doing the alderwood mall store instead... How bad is the line at bellevue square mall? Do they usually have good stock?

10. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Supposedly. On the Apple Store website, it says "Pick up: Available 9/19".

I plan to get there early, probably 6:00 at the very latest. From what I've heard, there will in fact be two separate lines for pre-order pick ups and those who are just lining up in hopes of getting an iPhone 6. So I'd still like to beat the rush of other customers who pre-ordered. But I imagine if you're not in a hurry to get your phone, you could show up later in the day and not bother with the crowds. I think they will hold pre-orders until at least Sunday.

11. smitty8202 macrumors member

smitty8202

If you dont mind the drive i would try the kitsap mall in silverdale. got my 5s there last year got there at 530 and was third in line. they open the doors at 6 to let everyone into the mall. by the time att opened there were maybe 35 people in line. gotta love the small towns.

12. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

If anyone is on verizon, I live out in north bend and they literally just opened a verizon store here in town. Not even in verizon "store locator" yet. I am not sure what their stock of the phone will be but might be worth a shot.

13. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Just returned from Bellevue Square after speaking with one of the Apple Store employees. The timeline is apparently as follows after he spoke with a supervisor:

9/18 21:00 - line starts forming at Nordstrom will call
    9/19 06:30 - mall opens for customers to enter
    9/19 08:00 - Apple Store opens to customers

There will also be separate lines for pre-orders and walk-ins (naturally). But iPhone 6 accessories will not be available until they open tomorrow.

14. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Good info to know. I am still not sure what I want to do since I have a pre-order. Part of me wants to go early around 6-630 to be in decent position in line, but I dont want to sit there without the line moving until they open. Part of me wants to go around 8 when they open and get in line once its already moving lol

15. minik macrumors 65816

That's great. I walked around the store and outside at around 1PM this afternoon. I shall receive my phone tomorrow via UPS, but I want to look at the case in person.

In-person pick up?

16. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Yeah I have a pre-order

17. Elflord macrumors newbie

Anyone know if that's the same deal to get the phone from the Verizon store in Bellevue Square? I.e., line up whenever, but you get in around 6 AM. I'm specifically wondering how the number thing works, since I really just want to get inside and get to the Verizon store and I won't need an Apple number.

Do all the doors open at 6 AM, or just the north Nordstrom? I'd love to skip what is surely the much large Apple store line.

I'd rather buy the phone from the Apple store, as I know the Verizon stock will be low, but I'm upgrading early and they won't let me do that unless I go to their store directly. So, kinda stuck. :(

18. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Whoever gets there earliest should post up how each line is looking

19. AAPL21 macrumors member

I'm wondering if this will be the most popular Apple Store between Tukwila, Bellevue, Alderwood...

20. garrettlee23 macrumors newbie

There's about 175 people in line outside of Nordstrom right now.

21. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Should be quite the scene in the morning. Can you tell if there's a separate line for pre order people

22. garrettlee23 macrumors newbie

23. myscrnnm, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

This is crazy. I wonder how many of them have pre-orders. I was planning to get there around 5 at the earliest. O_O

The leaked information said the store employees would start separating people into two lines at 5:00. But I imagine it might be different for us since it's inside a mall?

24. AAPL21 macrumors member

I know...at this rate I feel like just sleeping in and preorder online.

25. Carlitoslim macrumors newbie

Yep. Ridiculous. Just placed my order online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.