iPhone 6 bezel size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekb, Aug 14, 2014.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I sure hope the leaked pictures of the new iPhone 6 are flat out wrong. The beauty of iPhone up to now has been the size of the overall form factor. If they increase the display size to 4.7 inches while keeping those ridiculously large bezels, they will lose me. I hope they have been efficient in increasing the display size the way Motorola was.

Take a look at the Moto X with a 4.7 inch display, but is very nearly the same overall size as the iPhone 5.

In their rush to compete with the larger screen sizes of most Android phones, they will lose the small size that is so much more convenient in an everyday, carry-everywhere phone. I may have to consider another phone if they insist on a phone that is more than a few millimeters bigger than the current version.

2. bobright macrumors 601

I agree the bezel/panels are hideous looking and the main reason I won't get the larger model. I'll get the 4.7" and call it a day. No way am I going to carry that humongous looking thing they call a phone around if they aren't reduced.

*in before you get bashed hard by the fanboys*

3. techspin macrumors 6502a

Time to shop for a different phone then! Maybe check it out in the store before you jump the gun.

4. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I will definitely hold one in my hand before I bolt. But unless Apple has rewritten laws of physics, it's hard to believe it would be more enjoyable to use than any other of the large phones I've tried in stores.

And if they are breaking laws of physics, I want a 6 inch screen in a 4s form factor.

5. hakuna-matata, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

ya.. though it hasn't been launched, based on leaks, i'd be disappointed and expect more from Apple

6. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I wouldn't worry too much about the bezel size, but I do agree that they make the phone bigger than they have to be.

We don't know, but from the alleged pics we've seen, they look like they've been shaved down a bit. This is of course, without comparison to the 5S....I think it's because every time someone gets their hands on a front glass panel, their 5S disappears.

Who knows, really?

7. cynics, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

cynics macrumors G3

iPhone 6 bezel size

I tend to agree. From a company that leans toward form over function they really missed the mark here as it provides neither.

Of course this is based on what we've seen so far and I would still need to hold it first.

Edit: I actually take that back. Touch ID provides functions and matching bezel sizes provides form. Not very outside the box thinking though.