iPhone 6, bought in Japan / to use in Italy

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrrf, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mrrf macrumors newbie

Greetings everyone,

I just ordered a Mac Book Pro (my very first Apple device) and since my mobile phone decided to break itself a few days ago I thought that an iPhone, considered the high level of integration, could be a nice idea. I am not sure I will get used to it, since I am long time Android-er but I will give it a try.

In a few days I'll be in Japan and since the price there is way lower than in Italy I thought of buying it there. I browsed around a lot but found mixed information and I want to make sure everything will be alright, so I've got a few questions for you:

1) Is the warranty international or do I need Apple care to make it so ?
    2) Will the phone work in Italy? how can I make sure of that, how can I find out which version they sell in Japan?
    3) Is there anything else I should take in consideration about buying abroad?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. kamiilly macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I have the same question and a little bit of an answer... I also go to japan in a few days and plan to buy the iPhone there. I tried to find out if it would work back here in Germany. On my research I found out that both german as well as Japanese carriers work with the iPhone 6 (Modell A1586) and iPhone 6 Plus (Modell A1524). You can find a list on the apple website. https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

So I assume that it will work in Germany and therefor in Italy as well ;)
    If someone knows more please correct me!

----------

Ps.: warranty shouldn't be a problem. I bought an iPod last time in japan (a long time ago) and didn't have a problem with support in Germany.. As I understand these things are more connected to the apple-ID that you register the device with than the place where you actually bought it.

3. mrrf thread starter macrumors newbie

Ciao kamiilly,
    thank you so much for your reply. Sharing the model sold was helpful, I made some research and as far as I understood it has the same bands that used to be used in the iPhone 5s here in Italy.. so it should be ok or at least I hope so.

About the warranty, did you have Apple care or it just worked ? also, do you plan to buy that in Japan as well ?