iPhone 6 Bullring

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by apple queuer, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple queuer macrumors newbie

Hi all, will anyone be queuing at the bullring for the iPhone 6?? I'm normally 1st in queue (not last year, 2nd) but if its released on the 19th I won't be there till sometime Friday morning :-(

Looking forward to seeing the same peeps though, 5yrs and counting lol :cool:

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Were you there for the 4 launch? I think I was 7th. Would have been 3rd or fourth but didn't realise there were two queues so was in the not reserved queue for a while. Got my 5 through UPS, and probably gonna do the same this time round as I'm out of holiday days.

3. apple queuer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah front of the queue mate then about 5 am another queue formed for people who pre ordered it

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Yep, that's the one I moved to. I was in the first group who went into the store. It was a fun experience, but not sure I would do it again.
    When I had the 5 delivered I was worried it would get lost, arrived damaged etc. just turned up on launch day. No drama.

5. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Just wondering, how early do you start queuing? Do you start the day before or days before? Would be interesting to hear.

Thinking of queuing up this year, but not sure how early I should start queuing. :|

6. apple queuer thread starter macrumors newbie

Normally queue morning before, we'll about 11am, so say 20hrs before

7. dayloon macrumors 6502

20 HOURS ?!?!? Jesus. I was hoping that turning up at 3am on the day would be enough.

Does the bullring stay open overnight so you can stay there ?

This might be a silly question but what if you need the toilet ? Are people arseholes about you leaving and rejoining the queue ?

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

3am on the day of launch 2 years ago got you a point around the Odeon cinema if i recall the iPhone 5 wait.

9. apple queuer thread starter macrumors newbie

Bullring closes, you sleep outside, I bring a tent and some chairs, once in queue and people know it you walk off and go toilet as much as you want, mcds is open 24hrs

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

OP - when did Apple staff start going through the queue checking who wanted what? With this new system it seems like you could scarper and get some sleep/food/other for a bit.

11. dayloon macrumors 6502

This thread's a bit quiet. Nobody planning to queue at the bullring ? This will be my first time queuing so i'd appreciate some advice about parking/where to go & what time etc.

Cheers :)

12. bluenoseDave macrumors newbie

have you checked to see if you can reserve the one you want, i pre order was 3-4 weeks, then noticed i could reserve for in store collection on the day and they had it, you get to pick a time slot too, bullring is pretty much all out now but touchwood solihull has most of the iphone 6 still available to reserve here is the link to the apple page to check

13. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Did it once for the experience. UPS will be delivering mine 19/09/14. Enjoy your day. Hope you get the phone you want and it's not too cold in the early morning.

14. 19callum93 macrumors member

19callum93

I've just checked online to see if I can do this and it only mentions about delivery? Reckon the pre order for stores are not available now? If that's the case do you think I've still got a good chance of getting my hands on one if I'm first in the main queue? Cheers :)

15. bluenoseDave macrumors newbie

it did not let me post link last time so i will try it again apple.com/uk/retail/ i guess if first you would stick a good chance, i am a first time upgrader on release day, if link works try touchwood i would say as when i last looked bullring reserve stock was unavable

if link works at top in blue it should have "reserve now"

16. 19callum93 macrumors member

19callum93

Cheers dude, I've checked both stores and nothing in stock :( would this mean those who would be just queuing for the iPhone wouldn't get their hands on one or do apple tend to have x amount reserved and x amount available for queuing customers without reservations?

17. dayloon macrumors 6502

They have stock for both, that's why they generally have 2 queues, 1 for reserved phones and one for people who have just showed up

18. Avfciphonedon macrumors newbie

Hi people I was curious as this is going to be my first launch I wanted to know is it likely you leave that day having to compromise on the phone you want - unless you were in the first 50 or 100 or whatever?

I was thinking about going about 7-8pm Thursday night. I'll post updates to here

19. Phone nutter macrumors newbie

Hi guys , I'm queuing but not until 7am Friday due to night shift , hope for the 4.7" .
    I have done this before with a great atmosphere from solid down to earth people .

20. Avfciphonedon macrumors newbie

My only worry with that is they sold out the one I wanted last year. Which colour you goin for?

21. Phone nutter macrumors newbie

Anyone starting Thursday night will receive the phone of choice , question is where to park ???
    Thank god for M'donalds24hr .....coffee and loo . So cool messing around on the new phone all weekend , will they sell 2 per person again ?, roll on Friday excitement .

----------

Think I will go for 4.7" 64g in silver

22. Avfciphonedon macrumors newbie

I see Thursday night it is. Do you know woodcock gym behind Aston Uni? There's free parking outside there should be clear Thursday night I think

23. Phone nutter macrumors newbie

Just had a look on maps at the gym , looks ideal .
    Thanks pal .

24. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I work 1 mins away from bullring... glad i got a pre-order in and delivery to my home.

Please be careful on your way home guys- you don't want to be jacked once your outside the apple store as there isn't much security in the bullring.

25. Vorex macrumors newbie

Bit of a noob to all this. I thought a 6AM space in line would be more than sufficient, but having looked at other posts, I won't stand much chance of getting anything.

I've thought about getting in line at around midnight. Do you think I'll stand a good chance of grabbing something if I haven't pre-ordered? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.