iPhone 6 - Cerritos, CA - Los Cerritos Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by weeman, Sep 15, 2014.

1. weeman macrumors 6502

Anyone coming here to grab the iPhone 6/+? Past experiences on what time we should be getting there?

2. dubstar82 macrumors newbie

I remember people camping outside the mall the night before for the iPhone 5 launch.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

call me stingy, but i avoid this store because of its higher tax (compared to brea). the service i get from this store generally tends not to be so good either.

4. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i actually found an old thread and it sounds like this store doesn't really have good service and it gets insanely crowded since the mall lets people camp inside overnight...i might just head to south coast since the service i always get there is excellent

5. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Yep, this was totally my reasoning as well. South coast should theoretically be less crowded since there are two other stores nearby (irvine and fashion island), plus the one in Brea.

Lower tax rate helps too! ;)

6. eric.john macrumors member

LMAO QFT....this particular apple store is the worse. I have purchased 2 macbook pro retina with wait time of almost an hour each..the people who work are terrible with customer service, they stand her and look at you..if you look like you got money, they might help you. If you are there to mess around with their products with no intention of buying, they simply avoid you. As a customer i don't feel i need to approach a sales rep to get help.

South coast Apple on the other hand....Amazing customer service!!! I never had so many people approach me asking if need help or am i even ok? I love going her, when i bought my girl's iPad mini, i had a handicap apple rep assist me and made my transaction smooth as possible.

anyways...I'll be here on launch for in-store pick up unfortunately as i panicked when placing my pre-order and used cerritos as default...

7. erftbll81 macrumors member

I will probably be going to the Cerritos apple store, I've had nothing but good service here when getting phones replaced at the Genius Bar. I got my 5 there by using the 10pm reservation. Never been to a release day, I'm thinking of showing up at 4:30am, Since it seems like the security doesn't allow lines until 5. Any idea how many phones apple stores have gotten historically for launches? I just want to know if there's a line of 100+ if I should just drive away and go look somewhere else.

8. eric.john macrumors member

Got here around 4:30am and there is about 100+ Standing, sleeping, and hanging out in line. 5:27am currently and appears another 30 people behind me (wrapping around Macy's corner)

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

At the Irvine Spectrum there has to be at least 300

10. eric.john macrumors member

5:43 it appears the we'll be hitting that once the malls open up in 15 mins

11. nelsongs macrumors newbie

How far back are you in line? Can I tag along? I'm way back here.