iPhone 6 Chicago IL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by GoLeafsGo, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoLeafsGo macrumors member

2. esco macrumors 6502

esco

Considering it. Depends on whether I finally decide to go with the 6 or 6 plus. Are you thinking Michigan Ave or Lincoln Park?

3. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking Lincoln Park. Its a smaller store so supplies might be smaller but I figure everyone will be at the Michigan ave store...I want the 6+, so that might be tough to get.

Still considering the verizon store on south state too. But I know their supplies will be even tinier :(

4. esco macrumors 6502

esco

Might be smaller but I think you'll still be good to go. What config are you thinking and time for line-up?

If I decide to go with the 6, I'll probably just go after getting off of work (noon-ish.)

If I decide to go with the 6 plus, I'll probably call off work and head over before midnight, haha.

5. GoLeafsGo, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Im not the account holder on my verizon wireless account so I'm a little afraid I'll run into issues..even though my name should be on my line. What all does apple make you provide them with to upgrade?

I want the 6+ 128gb space gray. I was thinking 6:30 am but that might be too late, this is my first launch I have no idea how early people get there.

6. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I'm with AT&T and I'm not the primary account holder, but things have always gone smoothly in the past (been launching since the first iPhone!) What works for me is a driver's license, secondary ID (credit card,) and last 4 of the primary account holder's social. I read somewhere that you might want to have the password to gain access to the online account as well.

When you say that your name is on your line, do you mean that you're an authorized account holder or that your number simply says your name? I'd suggest finding out if you could be added as an authorized account holder as well (AT&T max is 2,) even if it's just for Friday. That should smooth things out as well.

7. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I'm planning on going to a Verizon store by the northwest side at the Brickyard. Going around midnight, hopefully they'll have the Plus. No official confirmation of supply until that morning. I took off a vacation day for this event lol. Good luck to all.

8. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Oh I have all those things. But I'll probably try to get added on as a primary account holder just for now if I can. I dont think im an authorized account holder.

Don't want anything to go wrong lol seems like a big operation to get an upgrade at an apple store. Don't want them to give my phone to someone else because I don't have one little thing haha. I like how the lincoln park location is right off CTA too. Thatll make it easy to get home when im super drowsy from waking up early!

9. sWaltuo macrumors regular

North Ave

I have camped out for every iPhone. Last year was my first year here in Chicago and I camped out at the Michigan Ave store, got there around 8PM on Thursday and was within the first 20 people waiting. Line typically starts to get have around 3 or 4 in the morning.

I plan on going to the Michigan Ave store this year just for a change of scenery and I've heard the crowd is a bit more fun. I plan on getting there early tomorrow afternoon - if you decide to camp out stop by and say hey! I will be wearing a "Steve Jobs for President" shirt

Happy iPhone day! :apple:

10. itsLouieV macrumors regular

itsLouieV

11. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Had to go to the Michigan Ave store to get my macbook checked out and the line is already about 10-12 people deep. Kind of mad anyone is here this early but I cant say I didnt expect it lol.

12. esco macrumors 6502

esco

So anyone already in line from MR? Thinking about going around 2am even though I'm getting an iPhone 6.

13. 09wkd macrumors newbie

Chicago Ridge maybe, or Oak Brook Mall. I pre-ordered from my local Target but after reading the thread in Target pre-orders I'm nervous so I figure I'll try an Apple store, and if no luck, I'll try my Target when they open.

14. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Got up too late to go to an apple store for a plus most likely(6:00) so I'm at the verizon store. There's already 12 people in front of me. Knew I should've gotten up earlier, praying all these people want the regular size iPhone!

15. esco macrumors 6502

esco

Good luck! Decided to just try my luck after work (~2pm) since I'm going for the 128GB regular iPhone 6. Might have to wait until weekend shipments to an Apple Store but I'll manage.

16. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Unfortunately it didn't work out, because Verizon stocked only the 16 gig plus to my unhappy surprise. I'm at the Michigan apple store now pressing my luck. If they don't have it I'll probably just give up for the rest of the day.

17. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

Did the VZW store have any regular 6?

18. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

The one I was at on south state street seemed to have an ample supply of 64 and 16 gigs in every color. That was an hour and a half ago though so I'd call first if you're thinking of heading over there

19. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Anyone at or been to the Michigan ave store know if they have any VZE 64 or 128 iPhone 6 + in stock in space gray? I think they stopped giving out passes so I'm clueless standing in line

20. meagain macrumors 68030

AT&T store in Oak Brook got in about 12 pluses. I was just there at 9:30a and they had everything except 64gb Black. There were only about 20 people in line.

Oak Brook apple store out of Pluses of course but there was an employee at the entrance showing people the phones. Damn the plus is ridiculous.

21. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

Apparently they still have stock here of what I'm looking for but there's still quite a bit of people in front of me so who knows. Taking what seems like forever, but with the volume I'm not surprised. If I walk out of here with a 6+ in any color 64 or 128 I'll be happy at this point.

22. acollins0512 macrumors newbie

State Street Verizon Store

Can anyone provide any intel as to what/if there is any wait at the State Street Verizon Store? I dont feel like waiting until 10/3 and would love to go over there and just cancel my preorder, thanks!

23. GoLeafsGo thread starter macrumors member

I don't think there will be a wait now, there were less than 20 people in line when I was there and it was only about 20 minutes before they opened the doors. I'll be on cta past there in probably 30-1 hour if you plan on going much later

24. acollins0512 macrumors newbie

Took about an hour and a half but the state street verizon store was awesome. Great staff, very friendly and helpful and best of all I dont have to wait until 10/3. Enjoy your phones all!

25. RossMcCollector macrumors newbie

Got the Plus 64G ATT from Apple Oak Brook...it was a very nice experience...I would def repeat :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.