iPhone 6 - City Creek Center (Salt Lake City, UT)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by falcora, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcora macrumors 6502

I know we get a great crowd every year, some even from the Gateway Mall days. Who is coming this year? What time are people thinking of arriving? I'll be there with 4 to 5 coworkers sometime after 6pm Thursday I think.

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

3. kappanjoe macrumors newbie

I missed out on the preorders, so I'm definitely making an effort to get down there! Was anybody able to preorder with an in-store pickup?

I'll probably get there later in the evening, Thursday.

4. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

I waited in line for the first time last year for iPhone 5S. It was a new experience and a lot of fun getting to know some of the people, but I'm definitely going to come better prepared this year (chair, blanket, food, etc.). Me and a couple of my brothers will be going there after work on Thursday.

5. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I forgot to Pre-Order as well. I was planning on lining up anyway, but I didn't even think to preorder.

Another thing: How many people actually pre-order and pick up in store instead of shipping it to your house? Just curious.

6. kappanjoe macrumors newbie

That's what I was curious about too, since AFAIK it was a new thing this year! I think I'm actually not going to be there on the 19th, though... T-Mo has a few 4.7-inchers still available on 9/19 through apple.com... Hope you guys have fun!!! I remember waiting in line for the 4S and having a blast, but I'm just too busy now with school and work.

7. falcora thread starter macrumors 6502

I missed the in-store pickup preorder option. There was just too much stuff going on with Apple's servers having issues, before I knew it, the 6+ was back ordered 3-4 weeks.

8. kewlguy781 macrumors member

Pinging in to say I may will join with you guys. I ordered via premier (corp) and said it is not available till 10/31. so will see if I can get it upgraded at store with the corp account. crossing fingers.

9. benhollberg, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'll be there on Thursday. I won't be as prepared as I have in the past but I plan to bring an extension cord, won't have a power strip with me so if someone could bring that it would be great.

In the past those buying phones for corporate accounts couldn't do it at Apple stores. Only AT&T could help you out. It could be different now but I don't know.

10. kappanjoe macrumors newbie

Welp. My preorder got knocked back to October. Guess I will be in line then. Hah! I heard last year City Creek said something about no chairs, etc., did that turn out to be true? And what part of the mall does the line usually start up in?

11. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I think this old thread from the 5s launch may be of some help:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1633465

12. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The majority of the time you'll be waiting outside the mall on a public sidewalk. City Creek or City Creek Officials have no authority to tell you that you cannot have a chair on the public sidewalk. When you enter the mall in the morning they could enforce this rule but assuming you're staying overnight outside the mall you'll want to bring a chair for sure.

13. kappanjoe macrumors newbie

14. falcora thread starter macrumors 6502

They are doing construction on the trax station at City Creek. The sidewalk is still open, but I'm going to check with security today and see if they still want us to line up in the same place as last year (under the sky bridge).

15. spangenberg macrumors member

Report back. I'm curious to know as well. Hoping to head down Thursday around noon. Anybody else going to be there around then? I'm assuming the line will grow pretty quick after everybody gets off work Thursday evening.

16. falcora thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone is there already. He is under the sky bridge lined up. Been there since Tuesday night. I work in an office on the same block, so I can report back on any line changes.

17. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Anyone know how many are in line at Station Park?

18. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

Just passed by city creek on my way home for the evening. There are already 5 people in line.

19. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Ten people in line at City Creek having a good time.

20. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

21. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

22. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Up to 16 now. Loud construction going on here so that isn't good.

23. Lupuscanis macrumors newbie

So, got a question...
    I pre-ordered. But I'll be driving from Idaho and I don't get off until 11 tonight... What time would you guys recommend arriving, providing I can be there by 1:30am at the earliest?

24. falcora thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think anyone here now preordered. Essentially you should have it guaranteed. I wouldn't come more than a few hours early.

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

A lot of people have shown up now, I estimate over 50 people in line. Come as soon as possible but if you have a preorder you have all day to pickup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.