iPhone 6 Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Hezzerlah, Sep 5, 2014.

?

Where will you line up?

1. Apple Store @ Easton

33.3%
  2. Apple Store @ Polaris

50.0%
  3. Other

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezzerlah macrumors member

Hezzerlah

It's that time of year again! Hoping that Apple does pre-orders, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Where will everyone be queueing up this month?

2. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Polaris fashion place just because its indoors and being September 19th the weather can be iffy. Only will queue if I don't get it via preorder on the 12th. Will be opting for the 4.7" version. Others?

Also I will be tweeting on the 19th with #ip6cmh for updates from the line...

3. Hezzerlah, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Hezzerlah thread starter macrumors member

Hezzerlah

I queued at Easton for iP4. I was there for 9 hours. It was fun though. I preordered for iP5 (I think... it was foggy. I had a newborn). I'm going to try to preorder for tonight, if I don't get an order through for launch day I think I'll queue at Polaris too this time.

4. cmhsam macrumors 6502

So were you able to get a preorder? I tried but wasn't able to buy a phone full price through the app/store. I need to get two 6+ plus wife and I but don't want to extend our contract for 2 years.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

6. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Looks like I was able to get an in store reservation for the ip6. After thinking long and hard decided on the 6 due to size. Stilk will queue at the Polaris store. I like the experience.

7. Hezzerlah thread starter macrumors member

Hezzerlah

I was able to pre-order. What a clusterf$&@. I got up at 2:50a and finished my order at 4:07am. Did it all through the app. It was so glitchy and took forever to go live.

8. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

I didn't get a preorder in :-/. I'll be over at polaris at probably 9:30 or so Thursday night. Worried about them running out of the Plus' as fast as they went online

9. cmhsam macrumors 6502

I think a lot of people will second guess their decision for the Plus once they see it in store. Have a feeling the Plus wont be too hard to find. I have seen some of the cases at ATT and the phone is just way too long for me. Too each his own.

Will Polaris Mall Security let you camp inside overnight? In recent years they had people exit the mall to lock it down then opened it up at 5am.

10. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

I hope so. and this is my first time at Polaris so im not entirely sure what the process is. I was first in line at a Best Buy last year and waited 7 hours and they got 0 at&t iphones in stock so this year im doing the Apple Store for the first time since im hoping their stock is greater.

11. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

I talked to an Apple store employee at Polaris this evening, and he said that usually people line up outside Von Maur, and that this year they would open the mall doors at midnight so everyone can spend the night waiting inside. Should make it a little nicer, to get in out of the cold.

What time is everyone thinking about heading over there? I figured on setting up camp sometime after work on Thursday.

12. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

I'll be there around 9:30 like I said. That's great news about them letting us inside though, it's gotten cold fast the past week or so :mad:

13. cmhsam macrumors 6502

I camped out several years ago overnight for a launch. Ended up regretting it for several days since my old body cant handle all nighters anymore. I will probably get there around 5am Fri. Since I have one reserved I am coming more for the experience vs trying to get one Fri.

Wonder if the Starbucks across from the Apple Store will be open at midnight or 5am?

Someone should speak with them about this!

Current forecast for Thurs night/Fri is a low of 55 with no rain. Shouldnt be all too bad

14. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

I've queued at Polaris for the 5 and 5s. The Starbucks doesn't open until the mall, but the Apple Store staff did get coffee and water for us. They're missing out on a huge opportunity.

15. prominence macrumors regular

What time is everyone lining up? Do the lines get bum-rushed at 6AM; is it smart to line up at 3AM, 4AM..? I'm OK with lining up with 30 people in front of me; not interested in line of already 100 people. This launch is definitely going to be the biggest..

16. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

I lined up for the 3G and the 5, but it feels like this one will be a bit different. I sort of equate the 6+ to the gold iPhone 5 in terms of availability, which is to say constrained. I'll probably just head over there after work on Thursday and check it out. Hope to see you there!

17. cmhsam, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

cmhsam macrumors 6502

For Polaris, since they dont open the doors before 5am on these launches, I have seen people queue up outside the Von Maur mall entrance doors and when the doors open at 5am they walk into the mall to the Apple Store. Usually people will honor the line which has started outside the mall when the line moves inside.

Several years ago, when the iPhone 4 launched in the summer, mall security did not allow anyone to camp out or loiter overnight. At this time Easton was the only Apple Store. I remember at 5am there was a mad dash to the front and people were getting trampled, sadly. Also the majority of the issues were with the jr high and high school kids whose parents either let them stay outside Easton, the night before, or dropped them off early in the AM. Either way the kids are all in school so we can avoid the drama :)

Currently, forecast shows for low of 53 on Friday so easily manageable if you want to camp the night before. I plan on showing up around 5am Friday. I have a pre-order scheduled for pickup but want to take in the experience. I always enjoy being part of the crowd for these launches!

EDIT: Dont forget Microcenter off 315 and Bethel. One of my friends got there at 7am, on the IP5 launch, and to his surprise there was NO ONE in line. These are the hidden gems if you want to go where someone doesnt think of although its a usual Friday visit for me!

EDIT 2: It looks like Staples is going to have them as well
    http://www.staples.com/Pre-Order-iP...cat_BI834319?icid =TCH:HP:IPAD:AWARE:20140914

18. cmhsam, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

cmhsam macrumors 6502

Polaris doesnt have a line yet...

UPDATE: Just spoke with the manager of the Apple Store, Polaris, and she informed me the mall will open the doors at 12am

19. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Has anyone been by Polaris this afternoon? What's the line situation like?

20. Mike Reed macrumors regular

I called Easton security yesterday and the person with which I spoke said they would permit queuing up after midnight the 19th. Just an FYI for anyone interested.

21. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Left at 2pm. No one in line but also Carla, manager of Polaris Apple Store, said mall security won't allow lines to form until 12am tonight.

22. Encoder macrumors member

Reservation Tickets

I just called the Polaris store but ended up with an off-site customer service person. She said that the reservation tickets are being handed out at 8am when the doors open. Is everyone getting the same story? I'm just curious because it seems like they would want to hand those out earlier. Going to get in line at 5am and hope for the best.

23. cmhsam macrumors 6502

The only difference I got was that the mall would allow lining up at 12am, the doors would open, but apple would start lining up people at 5am? Doesnt make sense.

I also heard, from a reliable Apple Person, that unless you are in the first teens at Polaris, in the non preorder line, chances are you will walk away disappointed if queuing for IP6+. Also, unless you have a preorder, be flexible with color, storage for the IP6+.

24. Encoder macrumors member

Interesting, thanks for the info. I wonder if that just means that Apple will acknowledge the line at 5am (maybe that's when the reservation tickets will go out). I'm doing the standard iPhone 6, so I figured my chances might be a little better. I'm aiming for the silver 64GB. So exciting! Really hoping I get lucky tomorrow, but I'll understand if I don't. I just couldn't make up my mind on which model to get when the pre-orders were going on.

25. cmhsam macrumors 6502

I think most who walk up by 6pm tomorrow will get the 6. 6+ not so much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.