Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i like the idea of minimizing the bezel as much as possible, but the rest i'm not so sure about. speakers on the back?

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Been done, and better:

HTC-ProductDetail-Hero-slide-04.png

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Been done, and better:

Pass. Besides, that is an aluminum back glued to plastic sides. iP5 does a better job at providing an aluminum unibody.

And I guess it's just me who is annoyed by the "diagonal" sides and lack of horizontal symmetry.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
That design doesn't do much for me.

Well it's basically the same as the iPhone 5 only thinner and a larger screen, apart from those terrible rear speakers, it's just a logical progression from the existing design, no?

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The folks saying they aren't impressed make me smile. This is the iPhone 5 with a larger screen crammed into the same body. The only real difference is that the speakers are on back (this would be a bad idea IMO). Otherwise, same phone! I guess you're unimpressed with teniohone 5 too? If so, that's fair.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Other than the thinner bezel (which I do like), don't like the larger screen, and absolutely hate the speakers on the back. Seriously, why? :confused:

This is actually one of the laziest mockups ive ever seen of a future iPhone.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
The folks saying they aren't impressed make me smile. This is the iPhone 5 with a larger screen crammed into the same body. The only real difference is that the speakers are on back (this would be a bad idea IMO). Otherwise, same phone! I guess you're unimpressed with teniohone 5 too? If so, that's fair.

I guess they're not impressed because it isn't a very original idea, a concept should have something interesting whereas this doesn't.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
to mimic others....the speaker location is atrocious. Anyone releasing a smart phones needs to realize that speakers on the back makes zero sense. That mockup looks like an iphone 5 w/ no home button. I would assume apple will always keep the home button especially now if the finger print sensor is true.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
to mimic others....the speaker location is atrocious. Anyone releasing a smart phones needs to realize that speakers on the back makes zero sense. That mockup looks like an iphone 5 w/ no home button. I would assume apple will always keep the home button especially now if the finger print sensor is true.

Even the iPad 4 has its speakers facing away from the user. Not good and the reason I returned it a day or so later. Having the speakers facing the user is always a smart thing to have. Other than that, I still like the concept :D

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Even the iPad 4 has its speakers facing away from the user. Not good and the reason I returned it a day or so later. Having the speakers facing the user is always a smart thing to have. Other than that, I still like the concept :D

Somewhat related. I was watching shark tank one day and the guy was pitching a magnetic plastic piece that cupped the back off the ipad to make the sound project towards you.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the iPhone 5 which is why I didn't purchase it.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

The thread is called "iPhone 6 Concept." This implies the creator tried to invent something new. (Otherwise they would have called it their "iPhone 5S Concept.")

But as you say, it's basically the same thing. So, yes, it's unimpressive for someone to say "here's something new and it's the same."

Absolutely none of that says anything about whether or not we like the iPhone 5. That's a complete non sequitur.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The thread is called "iPhone 6 Concept." This implies the creator tried to invent something new. (Otherwise they would have called it their "iPhone 5S Concept.")

But as you say, it's basically the same thing. So, yes, it's unimpressive for someone to say "here's something new and it's the same."

Absolutely none of that says anything about whether or not we like the iPhone 5. That's a complete non sequitur.

Where did I say "if you don't like this it implies you don't like the iPhone 5"? Based on precious iPhone releases, we should expect no physical changes to the next iPhone. Here, we did see some, namely in making the screen bigger while keeping the base size the same, yet it's considered unimpressive. I find that odd, for many reasons, not the least of which people saying the same thing about the REAL iPhone 5, until it was proven true. ;) Non sequitur? Not in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
need to go to 4.5 or 4.7" before I would buy it, that being said, I do think the color options is a neat idea though, just wish we knew what iOS7 looks like, the sound of Flat design is worrying me that they will do the same thing as they did with OSX Sl to Lion by getting rid of all the colorful icons and making them all greyed out?

Boring :cool:

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
need to go to 4.5 or 4.7" before I would buy it, that being said, I do think the color options is a neat idea though, just wish we knew what iOS7 looks like, the sound of Flat design is worrying me that they will do the same thing as they did with OSX Sl to Lion by getting rid of all the colorful icons and making them all greyed out?

Boring :cool:

You're bored of iOS7 which is something you haven't seen or know about yet?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.