iPhone 6 - Dallas Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by sfwalter, Sep 7, 2014.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Thought I would start a thread for the Dallas stores. I'll be at the Willowbend store. After Tuesday we will get a good handle on if there will be pre-orders or not.

2. chism87 macrumors newbie

3. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

I waited after work (after 3pm or so) for iPhone 4 at Willow Bend. It was inside and took hours.

I waited for iPhone 5 in Denver. Got there at 3am and waited and finally left with my iPhone around 10am (store opened at 8; mall let us inside at 6).

Have any of you waited outside a mall here (DFW area)? I'm worried they'll disperse people. I'm going to survey the Apple stores this weekend and see which one will be the best.

I'd bet NorthPark gets a **** ton of iPhones since they have that nice new store. Willow Bend would be closer for me though, but I don't really care which one. I live in East Plano.

4. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I camped out last year at Willow Bend with about 70 or so other folks. Willow Bend security was very nice. We were camped under the first floor Dillards parking garage.

5. chism87 macrumors newbie

I showed up to NorthPark about 3am for the iPhone 4 and they (security) allowed everyone to enter about 4am. So, we weren't really outside that long. Oh, and the mall cops were nice and knew it would be bad for business to disperse us.

6. DonkeyWhisperer, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

iPhone 4 was a big launch. What time did you get out of there with your iPhone?

7. chism87 macrumors newbie

I want to say like.. 3PM. That was years ago so I would imagine Apple is a bit more efficient now so I don't expect to be there that long this year.

8. derekgroves macrumors member

Anyone have experience with the line setup at mall locations?

Will they organize the queue outside the mall in a designated area and in an orderly fashion, funnel those people into the store when it opens? Or, at least transplant the line in the same order to inside the mall a bit before opening?

Visualizing Disney World gates at rope drop when everyone literally runs to their ride of choice first thing in the morning.

9. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Last time I camped/lined up was iPhone 4. The line at Willow Bend was long but well organized. We lined up outside the entrance and in the nearby parking garage. They let us in the mall about 6:30 and the store opened at 8. I was near the front of the reserved line so it took me maybe 30 minutes in and out.

I really have a feeling this launch is going to look like the iPhone 4 in terms of excitement. This is by far the biggest and most significant upgrade since the iPhone 4.

10. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I think Willow Bend will be your best bet. Mall security is friendly. Last year folks started to camp out around 3pm by the ground floor Dillard's parking garage entrance. Just to the left of the food court.v since your in the parking garage if it rains your ok.

I got there around 6pm and I was number 30. There are no bathrooms available after the mall closes. The nearest bathroom is a short drive away. Your fellow campers will hold your place if you need to leave for a few.

They let us into the mall around 6am next day.

11. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

This time we get two extra rows of icons (compared to iPhone 4)!

See you at Willow Bend, unfortunately. I'm bitter about the pre-order brokenness.

12. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Since the iPhone 6 Plus went fast online I would imagine they will go just as fast at the stores. I would recommend an overnight camping trip if you want a iPhone 6 Plus on launch day.

13. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I'm in Dallas for a couple of weeks, and wondering what would be the best T-Mobile store to go to. The few reps I've talked to have confirmed it's a first-come, first-serve basis, so I'm planning on staying overnight for it. Any suggestions?

14. JamesSMU macrumors newbie

I'm debating going to Stonebriar, NorthPark, or the thought just occurred to me, I live pretty close to Knox Henderson. Will the Apple store at Knox have significant quantity? It might be out of the way and not one store that's traditionally thought of.

Trying to get a 64gb Plus.

15. chism87 macrumors newbie

Anybody got any info on the (Apple Store) in store pick up if you've already preordered? I've read there will be two lines but I don't want to get there too late and have to wait until the next shipment.

16. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

We were pretty close then. I was around 40th in line at Willowbend last year.

17. chism87 macrumors newbie

Knox Henderson was the only store in the area that I could do an in store pick up so it seems as though they'll have a good stock but that's just pure speculation.

18. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I highly recommend you go to an Apple store. During launch weekends the Apple stores seem to have the largest quantity. Sometimes carrier stores get very little.

19. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Will I be still be able to get the JUMP upgrade through the Apple store? Or will I have to pay the full retail price?

20. sfwalter, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I don't know what Jump is but if it's some special carrier pricing deal then I would probably say no. If you order online you can only do contract or Next on ATT. Only other thing you can do in store is pay full price I believe.

21. derekgroves macrumors member

You can definitely do AT&T NEXT in store....at least in terms of waiting and buying in store, not pre-order stuff.

22. Mr.Qube macrumors newbie

23. regulargurl01 macrumors newbie

Advice, please

I've never lined up/camped for anything at a mall before. I assume a line forms outside the mall and at some point the mall doors open and a line then forms again at the store's doors inside the mall. When the outside doors open, is it a mad dash to the store and a completely new line forms different from the order it was outside, or is the line inside the mall in the same order as it was outside the mall?

And then is it strictly in order of the line, or are there people with appointments who get to go first?

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to decide whether to attempt it or not. Thanks in advance!

24. HeyCharlieBall macrumors newbie

Do you honestly think there's a mad dash? REALLY?! This isn't black Friday.

25. regulargurl01 macrumors newbie

As I said, I've never stood in line outside for anything at a mall before, so I don't know what to expect. People can be crazy, especially when supplies are limited, so I expect no less.

Thanks for the help, though.