iPhone 6 design: How are you liking it? (if the leaks are true)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petvas, Sep 1, 2014.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have been waiting (as everybody else) for the new iPhone and next week we will finally get an official glimpse in the future of the iPhone. Having watched the latest video showing the device, I really think it is very sleek and it will look amazing when it comes out, but somehow I get the feeling that there are not a lot of changes in the design.
    Aside from the display size and the rounded edges, it looks exactly as before. Maybe it is a bit boring to me, I am not really sure. I think I need a fresh design, a completely new design that makes me go crazy when I see it.
    I am getting the iPhone 6, but somehow I think the change won't be that big or revolutionary. The new device will be an evolution of what we know.
    I understand Apple's reasons for not wanting to change the way the iPhone looks.
    They want to have a easily recognisable device and the iPhone's design is iconic..
    It is difficult to move on and build something completely different. The new iPhone will of course have a great build quality, and everything will be almost perfect, as always, but it won't change enough for me. Currently I prefer the design of the HTC One M8. It is exciting and looks amazing and futuristic.
    Is it just me?

2. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

As do many, I dislike the antenna breaks thickness. Hopefully a couple high quality pictures and shiny videos will make it look better though.

I keep wanting to hold on to the irrational thought that Apple might be trolling us with fake leaks though.;)

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I like the new design, and I am buying the phone, but I just wished that Apple creates something completely new. We have iPhones since 2007 and the basic design hasn't changed a bit.
    Apple of course wants that the device is highly recognisable, but if they had a greater design, it wouldn't be that hard pushing it as the new, best thing that ever happened in the industry. Everybody would want to buy it.
    Now, we are getting a definitely sexy looking device, but it will still look more or less the same as all other iPhones out there.

4. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

People want:

1. Nothing but screen
    2. A radical new design

What do folks imagine when they think of a radical departure from what we currently have?

I think the leaks are fine. Removing the sharp edges and that stupid plastic ridge around the screen are good things. Next, make it water resistant and give it decent battery life. Most other improvements can be done in software.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Not a fan of the lines or the protruding camera but overall I think it's a sexy phone that I look forward to buying. :D

:apple:

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

So far I don't like it. I'll stick with my iPhone 5.

7. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I'm loving the design. Obviously it looks far more slim and will likely feel good in the hands. It also looks a bit like the original iPhone with the curved edges, and I love the feel of the original so...YAY!

There are a few nice touches such as the curved edges of the glass and the slightly bigger home button (apparently). I also like that there is no glass on the back to attract fingerprints, and it is more likely to survive a fall. I even like the protruding camera, because to me it is a sign that apple didn't cheap out on the camera to make the design perfect, and that is a step closer to them not prioritizing design over functionality. Maybe for the iPhone 7 they will even make the phone the same thickness and optimize the battery life instead.

Of course, the lines on the back of the phone are a bit ugly, but I will be using a case and that will both make those disappear, and it will make the camera protrusion problems null.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Leaks don't look that great but I'm sure the finished product will be great.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am happy with it. I am not sure what, exactly, people want from a radical new design.

I wouldn't mind them canning the home button, though with touchID just implemented, I realize that isn't likely any time soon.

My main gripe is battery. I just don't see the need to keep making phones thinner every major refresh. The thickest phone I think I have ever handled would be the Lumia 1020, and it wasn't a problem. Please, just give me a beefier battery and I will have nothing left to complain about lol.

10. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I am not talking about that. I am sure it will look great as a finished product, but it will still have the same characteristics as the first iPhone. It will be an evolution of the original iPhone, nothing more.
    This is not bad, but after so many years I would like to see Apple taking risks again, trying to create something that will make us go wow...
    Maybe it's too soon for that, maybe Apple needs a couple of years more.
    How many years did Apple take for completely changing the design of the Mac Pro?
    I am talking about such a big change...

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If rumors about iWatch and the new TV set are true, then that would be that risk you are wanting.

Apple literally created the smartphone market (as it is today... what we had before where somewhatsmartphones lol).