iPhone 6 Galleria Roseville, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by co2luv, Sep 18, 2014.

1. co2luv macrumors member

I plan to get there around 3:30 - 4:00 am after a nice sleep in my own bed. Yeah baby

Any one planning on meeting up at Roseville?

I ordered the 6 but am having second thoughts. The Plus looks fun. Don't know about the 6 Plus hanging out in my pocket for the next year, though. I might have to invest in a man purse.

2. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

Also, I pre-ordered for in-store pick up from Roseville. I see that others are getting emails confirming their product is ready. Haven't received one yet. Let me know if you have!

3. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Good to see a thread for Roseville!

I ordered mine for delivery but I still will swing by the Apple store at Galleria to pick up a case or two.

If any of you on this thread who are camping, getting there early can snap some photos or videos I'd love to see them as I don't plan to get there that early.

I debated going just for sake of filming and talking to people and then handing out cases for those who agree to be on camera (see my sig below) but I don't think Galleria allows that :/

Still, very interested to see how big things get tomorrow. I remember one year the line wrapped all the way around Nordstrom!

4. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

Does Galleria not allow filming or handing out cases? ...or both?

5. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Handing out cases is fine "I think", its the filming that is an issue.

In my past experience you can only film outside and once you step inside the mall you need to have obtained prior permission.

If I were filming with my iPhone no biggie but pulling in my dedicated camera and hand held mic raises a lot of eyebrows.

6. MS2083 macrumors regular

Anyone hanging out at the Galleria right now?? If so, What's the update so far ?

7. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

As of 2:30pm the apple store Said there was nobody in line that they know of. However mall security is making everyone wait outside till 6am then people can start lining up.

8. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I thought Apple was going to hand out passes at 5am?

9. MS2083 macrumors regular

That totally screws up everything, ********* Mall Security! I'm just gonna stick it out here at Arden then...

----------

So can we wait in our Cars then on the Mall Property after Closing Time ?

10. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. So the line will be outside until 6am? Any idea on whether they will make us wait in cars until a certain time?

11. TheRaxar macrumors member

So at 6AM everyone will just run to the entrance like a stampede?

12. chums122 macrumors newbie

Just called mall security and a line is already forming. I guess its ok to already line up then.

13. MS2083 macrumors regular

Arden Fair Mall Security kicked us out !!!

Update from Arden Fair Mall:

We just got kicked out by Mall Security, and their saying that anybody who hangs out anytime on the Mall Property from Closing Time to 5am, will be Subjected to Arrest !!!

And their claiming that the Bus Stop Area along Arden Way is part of their so called Mall Property..

14. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

That's not right. It's in their best interest to allow you to "peacefully assemble" now in order to avoid chaos at 5am.

Will you be heading up to Roseville?

15. MS2083 macrumors regular

How's the Line their right now ? Is Mall Security allowing people to line up on the property ??

We Actually moved the Line at Arden Fair by the Main Entrance Turn In Driveway, so the line is still on here !!!

16. chums122 macrumors newbie

Mall security is totally fine with us lining up. We are right next to the door closest to the Apple store.

17. MS2083 macrumors regular

How many in line so far ??

We have about 12-15 here at Arden!

18. chums122 macrumors newbie

19. psychonaut, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I just drove by Galleria (about 9:10pm) and by estimate I would say there are between 80-120 people already in line.

Line goes from the outdoor entrance between Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware and wraps around the front of Restoration Hardware.

At this point I think it is safe to say that unless you have a pre order pick up and you are looking to get a 6 plus you better already be in that line because if not your chance is slim to none.

Attached pic from my car - sorry it's not the best but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

20. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

ridiculous. Theres like 5 people at the att store my cousins waiting at in natomas. The apple stores are indeed funner tho. Free food most of the times, Donuts, burritos one time if i remember.

21. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

22. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

If you don't mind, could you let us know the iPhone 6 stock level situation after they (apple employees) come out at 5am?

Really curious to see how thin the stock is. I'm still waiting for mine to ship :eek:

23. co2luv thread starter macrumors member

They said they have a lot more 6's than Plus's. They are stacking them up in the back of the store and I see a significant number. About 250 in line so far. I'll be among the first group to go in from the pickup line. :) Got here at 3:40. I have a nice view of the storefront and the 6s are up for display.

24. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the updates!

25. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I was considering going, but I did not preorder, my leg is recovering from an injury, oh well. I would only go if there was room and availability.