iPhone 6: Gateshead Metrocentre, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Kal El, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kal El macrumors regular

Anyone doing the Metrocentre again this year?

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I haven't decided yet, will see what happens on Friday morning with the preorders before deciding.

The queue jumpers last year p*ssed me right off ;).

3. Kal El thread starter macrumors regular

Cant see there being a huge queue this year as there is still preorders available.

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I've reserved one at the MetroCentre for later in the day, no queuing for me ;).

5. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Same link I used yesterday. Much easier than queuing from the early hours. 11am pickup.

7. Ac246 macrumors newbie

I'll be there about midnight again. Third year in a row.. I missed the pre orders. :(

You are right about the queue jumpers last year! Not sure if it is one of you guys but there was a guy last year who spoke to everyone and we all agreed we would stay in order when we went from outside to inside... Hopefully apple will only open the one entrance door this year and everyone walks. Not like the iphone 5 release when it turned in to a free for all sprint to keep your place... I was there from 11pm and the foreigner in front of me arrived at 7am.... Wtf. My mate who's coming this year will definately put them back to the end of the queue! If anyone goes anywhere near the metro store can you speak to the manager and make sure they know to stop people running and to only open the one door. Cya all on the night guys!

8. Kal El thread starter macrumors regular

That was me. It was after some prat rocked up at an hour before the doors opened and thought he could stand at the front as "Apple said the queue didn't start till the doors opened". Needles to say he didn't get through the door before me!!

9. Ac246 macrumors newbie

10. Kal El thread starter macrumors regular

Have preordered for collection. Got the 08:00-09:00 slot but plan on turning up around 6am

11. Draganime macrumors member

so if your realistically planning on getting on a phone in the morning, around what time should you get there?

12. Kroxx macrumors regular

I pre-ordered for store pick up (8:00 - 9:00), I also plan on queuing up around 6am for a Krispy Kreme doughnut and a coffee ;)

13. Kal El thread starter macrumors regular

If you haven't pre ordered for store collection then I would be there midnight.

14. Draganime macrumors member

right, does store collection mean that if i haven't ordered mine, then even if I'm the first of the people who haven't reserved then theres a chance i might get the iPhone model i want?

15. Re1gnman40 macrumors newbie

iPhone 6: Gateshead Metrocentre, UK

Hi All,

This will be my third year doing this, I'm an idiot I know.

What's everyone going for? I want the iphone 6 plus

Do you think they'll be enough?

Is anyone still going into work, that day?

Will it be the same gig as last year? Do you know what time they will be opening up the red quadrant to get into the metrocentre?

See all there at midnight.

G

Bring down the re1gn

16. Ac246 macrumors newbie

6 Plus, Gold, 128GB.

also my third year in a row.

i booked a day off as holiday this year. last year i was able to work a 7am - 4pm shift on the thursday then got some sleep, queued up from midnight, then was back in the car by 8:15 to be back at work at mid day till 9pm.. this year i am finishing work at 9pm on the thursday and off friday and all weekend.. so much better :D

Last year they had enough but i hope the pre orders dont come out of the stock that each shop has been allocated, hopefully they will allocate X amount of each type and then send the pre orders in as a seperate lot.

if its same as last 2 years then it will be 5am opening the metro doors to let us in... i might phone the shop on thursday and speak to the manager and ask them to send more staff down to the door to let people in and stop people from running,, make people walk in an orderly queue. no foreighners are gonna get there at 7am this year and end up in front of me! i am gonna probably call past mcdonalds on way there and arrive at the carpark for 11, then wait till i see people starting to queue... dont forget to bring your chairs :p and hat n gloves

17. Kal El thread starter macrumors regular

I think they are going to have very limited stock for non reserved customers. However, as each time slot passes they will then release the non collected phones to people in the "standby" queue.

Time slots are every hour so theoretical they should be able to sell to the "standby" every hour.

18. Ac246 macrumors newbie

sounds a good idea.. if ure one of the first hundred in the queue i would say theres a very good chance oof getting the phone you want without having to preorder.. i remember the iphone 5 release the manager guy saying dont worry we have enough for everyone... i dont have a clue how many phones they might have but i reacon a few hundred of each

19. Ac246 macrumors newbie

think its worth me bringing some of that hazard tape and making our own queue barriers? haha stop people getting ahead in line lol

20. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I got there after you last year (around 2am), and I was still only about 10th in the queue. I'm sure with preorders this year he should be OK getting there for around 2 or 3am.

Me? I'm wandering in at 11am to collect my preorder ;).

21. Ac246 macrumors newbie

what time on the 12th did the pre orders start on the website cos i couldnt find anything,, and i think when i was clicking refresh waiting for the online store to start allowing to buy, it was just reloading from cache and i missed it :(

22. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

About 8:20 IIRC, you could have used the retail preorder page to preorder and collect in store, there was stock of most iPhone 6 variations until late in the evening on Friday.

23. Ac246 macrumors newbie

Damn. I did a normal pre order for delivery but didn't see an option for collect so ended up canceling that order and just assumed the collection was for America only.

24. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Looks like it is only queuing before opening time now.

All the preorder reservations are gone now, both models in every Apple Store.

25. dealmaker macrumors regular

Guys,

Thinking of queuing to try and get a couple of phones (due to missing preorders with all the shenanigans)....what time do they let you into the mall to start queuing?....or do you have to queue outside first?? I am worried about the threat of queue jumpers as I fear I might end up lamping anyone who tries to push in!!! :eek:

Is Eldon Square an easier set up - do does the Metro Centre have any advantages from a queuing perspective?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.