iPhone 6: Glendale Galleria, Glendale CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by orbitalpunk, Sep 15, 2014.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

I missed out on the pre-ordering because non-contract people got shafted.

Can anyone share their experiences lining up for past launches? How was mall security for early arrivals and did you get what you wanted?

Thanks!

2. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

hey!! I might be camping for the galleria or the americana one next door. Does anyone have any knowledge of either of the two of these for launch day product purchasing??

3. lbarton1289 macrumors newbie

I'll be going to Glendale as well. Probably will be getting there around 4ish AM

4. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

Have you been before? Can you lineup to these ones around midnight or do they not let you?

5. lbarton1289 macrumors newbie

The employee at the Apple store said there would be long lines outside of the mall. I have never personally camped out there.

6. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

You'll be way to late.

7. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

Thanks for info! Who else is going??

8. Teeter macrumors newbie

Teeter

I plan to do the same. I just called the Galleria Apple store and they don't know any details of where the line is going to form outside the mall. There are a couple of entrances I can think of.

Any ideas anyone?

The Americana would be the easiest, I suppose.

9. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

Can you line up outside the Americana super early??

10. Teeter macrumors newbie

Teeter

From my experience with special sales at H&M at the Americana, the mall allows it. Some people were already in line the evening before. The line formed in between the Cheesecake Factory and the fountain by the tram tracks. I've also seen it form outside of the mall on Brand next to Forever 21. The Americana has 24 hour security due to residency above so you can at least feel safe there if some idiots start ****.

I don't think I can do any earlier than 5am but good luck to you. Hopefully I'll be able to secure one if I arrive around 5. I'm only a 10 minute drive away from the mall.

11. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

From past experience glendale galleria mall security are very strict you can start line up after 3am

12. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

Giving the americana a shot very very early... Hopefully it works out!

13. superbad macrumors regular

I'll probably consider a different store. Lines are around the block already from Twitter reports.

14. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

I've been searching twitter and still don't see anything... I'll drive around as give it a look for myself in a few.

15. petsounds macrumors 65816

Ridiculous. I give up, I'm not waiting overnight for a damn phone. If even the Americana is already around the block, you can bet the Galleria, along with Bev Center and The Grove will be way way way worse.

16. superbad macrumors regular

Cool. I just read Sherman Oaks has about 100 people already. This is crazy. I might sit this one out. :((

17. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

Theres 2 in santa monica... I'm sure one isn't letting you line up until tomorrow or so I was told. I'll head out in a few and just hope theres not too many heads out... Theres like 70 in westfield

18. Teeter macrumors newbie

Teeter

Good luck to everyone. There is pretty damn long line at the Americana. There were people with camping gear there before I left work this morning.

I decided to just order mine for delivery on 7 -10 October for an iPhone 6.

----------

The line at the 3rd Street Promenade is also pretty long. I had lunch there today. Easily over 50 people.

19. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

Not looking too promising...

20. okwhatev macrumors 6502

What is the chances I will get a 6 Plus now if I go wait in line?!

21. Neko1500 macrumors newbie

Neko1500

Chances for iPhone 6+ you're probably pretty slim, did you see the article on verge? Very limited supply It seems.