iPhone 6 headphone volume kind of low ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheLondonFella, Oct 6, 2014.

1. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

When using headphones, I find that the volume on my iPhone 6 is not particularly loud.

Even when turned right up.

In comparison, my 6 year old Nano is noticeably louder/more powerful sounding.

Can anyone comment on this?

On researching, apparently this was a similar issue with the 5 & 5S?

Would any iPhone 6 owners please feed back with your experience with your 6. Have you noticed also that the volume (though headset) is not particularly loud?

And I'm not using the Apple EarPods, but rather a better sounding set which plug right into the ear (thus preventing more sound from escaping).

Thanks in advance ...

2. cc999 macrumors 6502

Volume

I was just commenting to my wife (we both have new iphone 6) that the volume on calls is unbelievably loud. I actually have mine 1 click below the middle and it is plenty loud. Hers is the same way.

The bluetooth volume is also very loud. I am listening with a bluetooth headset right now and the volume on the slider is about 1/8 and is loud as hell.

Using headphones I am about 2 clicks over middle and its plenty loud.

CC

3. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

Hey buddy, thanks for responding.

I have just finished playing around with settings, and when I changed the equaliser back to Flat (I always set it to Rock) the sound shoots right up and becomes much more powerful!

Much more powerful than my iPod.

At least I know now that there's not a hardware problem.

However, on any other EQ setting, the volume definitely decreases somewhat (at gym I like it quite loud, to get me pumping - obviously not too loud).

It appears that the EQ settings suppress the sound somewhat, to achieve the desired effect?

Please do this for me, and feed back ... change your EQ setting from Flat, to Rock to a few other presets and see if you too notice the difference.

Thank you very much, and I hope you and your loved one enjoys your new iPhones!

PS, I am usually so unlucky with screens, and dead/stuck pixels, but this one perfect!