iPhone 6 Home Landscape Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loon3y, Sep 30, 2014.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

this should of been implemented. theres plenty of screen real estate.

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

It's a feature for the plus. Don't be mad:D

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

But then that's one less feature to squeeze an extra $100 out of you for the 6+ ;)

[​IMG]

4. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

lol, im not mad. what ever indicated that.

but it should of been implemented because the space is there. probably later on they might.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It hasn't been implemented not because the hardware is not capable, but because the deliberate choice to favor the 6+, thus making the 6 lower end in its respects.

6. Souskei macrumors member

I'm sure the jailbreak community will bring every single feature the 6 plus has to the 6..

If you're info that. Personally, I can't wait #

7. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

^ totally forgot about that

8. itjw macrumors 65816

Yep, and if the jailbreak community can make the 6 lag as bad as the plus we can claim it doesn't bother us either :p

Seriously though, we have the superior phone, let them have their laggy landscape mode lol

9. CiccioAtSea macrumors regular

CiccioAtSea

please let me know when they will implement OIS :rolleyes: :D

----------

I really would like to know how much your life improved and how better you sleep since you got the "superior phone".

Comments like this make me feel so sad...

10. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

This "my phone is better than your phone" attitude on here has gotten beyond ridiculous, so sad and childish. Both phones are as good as each other they're just different sizes. You enjoy your choice and let others enjoy theirs.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I had the plus, exchanged for the 6, the landscape mode is the only thing I miss. Wish it had OIS, but the landscape is the only thing I notice.

12. BvizioN Suspended

BvizioN

Personally I am not fussed about it. IMO 4.7" is to small for landscape mode anyway.

+1

I can somehow understand Apple vs Samsung, iOS vs Android etc...
    But this 6 vs 6+ is stupid.

13. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Exactly including the optical image stabilization and bigger screen. :rolleyes:

14. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

lol how is there enough screen estate. The 6 is barely bigger than the 5s.

----------

Wow lol your phone is like a 5s with rounded corners... But well... Be happy with your iPhone 6 Minus while I enjoy split screen modes, OIS in low light, more than a day of battery life, ... Too much to list... But well, enjoy your "superior" phone... Is it Opposite Day?

15. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Landscape would work on iPhone 5 as well. Why is screen size the issue? Just spin the icons. If they fit in portrait they will fit in landscape as well. Makes no sense.

16. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed with others size is not the issue, there was jailbreaks on the iPhone 4 that made landscape on home screen

17. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Well, except OIS.

The landscape modes I don't even care about. I don't see why Apple didn't implement the contact pictures in the messages app. There's plenty of room there

18. BvizioN Suspended

BvizioN

Every single one?

Correct me if am wrong but apart from the landscape mode, the rest is hardware related. JB community can't make better camera or higher resolution screen.

For me JB is not worth it anymore.

19. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

38% larger is quite a bit

20. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Home landscape mode is overrated anyway. I thought it would be awesome before I got my Plus but now I don't even care.

As long as the apps are able to go into landscape.

21. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

i have a 6, there is enough screen real estate. end of story.

like the above poster mentioned above, all you have to do is flip the screen, and previous versions had it before.

i dont want a huge chunk of aluminum in my pocket when i go clubbing, bars, and what not.

22. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I don't agree with this. My 6+ is sitting with my neighbor right now. But I use my 5s as my GPS on a mount in my truck. If I need to go back to the home screen while in the mount for some reason, it is a PITA. I can't wait for this feature.

I don't know if they did it, but I hope there is proper landscape in the music app, I'm tired of the stupid album covers, when in the mount.

23. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

24. Mikkis macrumors member

Been thinking about this too

There is no reason why split screen apps and landscape home screen could not be implemented into 4.7 inch model. Landscape home screen is just flipping the icons and mail for instance could easily show list view on the left and content on the right. 6+ landscape keyboard with extra keys are probably something that won't fit but they could use normal landscape keyboard for 6.

Anyway maybe this is something Apple will introduce in the future as an option for smaller screen. This should be a choice of personal preferense of screen size and one hand usability, not something that cuts off features. And if not then there is always the jailbreak.

25. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Am I the only one who doesn't like the landscape home screen on the 6 Plus? It's actually kind of annoying when I'm in an app and then return to the home screen to find it in a different orientation (even upside down, if I'm hunched over).

I can see why some people would want it, but the different aspect ratio (4x6 to 6x4) screws up the layout of the apps and makes them harder to find, and I operate the home screen in portrait mode 99% of the time anyways. Wish there was an option to only lock orientation for the home screen and apps independently.