iPhone 6 in the wild?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robinp, Aug 28, 2014.

1. robinp, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

robinp macrumors 6502

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I think common sense is enough to mark this as fake.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. robinp thread starter macrumors 6502

That's a really great reply

----------

Have you seen all 3 pics?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes and the 29 (on the calendar app) is clearly fake.

6. Mildredop macrumors 68020

how is it so obvious?

7. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

How about the fact that it seems to have YouTube installed as default stock iOS8. With the old icon.

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Do I really need to list the reasons why one of the most anticipated products of the year isn't going to be on sale in some random place weeks before the control-freak company that makes it has even announced it?

And why if this did somehow happen, the only place that there's evidence wouldn't be on some random girl's twitter? (No offense if you're the random girl or a friend).

(And I did see all three pics by going to the main twitter page.)

9. robinp thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't suggesting that the clueless person who tweeted the images was right in the insinuated suggestion from her question that it had gone on sale. She had merely seen the pics and essentially retweeted then with a moronic commentary. However, the pics seemed interesting.

10. saving107, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Following the #iphone6 hashtag on Instagram brings this up.

Last photo the icons say "Messaging" "Gallery" "Note Pad" (same as the photo from twitter), seems legit.

Attached Files:

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Still, what's the likelihood of a real iPhone 6 just sitting there on display, box and all, and it not being all over the internet? When an iPhone 4 prototype was found in a bar prior to launch it made headlines.

12. Mildredop macrumors 68020

As someone who doesn't have an iPhone, I wouldn't have noticed this. Thanks for explaining.

13. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

This is taken from MKBHD. He took this dummy unit to Starbucks in New York just to tease people. So yes, this is fake. Take a look:

Attached Files:

14. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Never seen this before. This is really embarrassing for Apple in my opinion. Months before giving any details, there is a fully functioning knock-off available to buy.

If the iPhone 6 does indeed look like this, of course. And if it does, Apple need to act to stop this happening.

----------

mkbhd?

15. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Marquez Brownlee. Look him up on YouTube, twitter, Instagram, G+, etc. He does a ton of tech reviews.

Here is another photo on Instagram of the fake iPhone 6 box:
    http://instagram.com/p/sNgSI7Nd4B/

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Between fairly widely available dummy units and now fake versions of the phone, do we really need thread after thread asking if an actual iPhone showing up early somewhere is real or more likely one of those earlier mentioned things?

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

People have this need to be first, the attention is satisfying (just like Facebook Likes, they are craved).
    [​IMG]

18. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Also, the 'Setting' app.

Not to mention the incredibly shoddy construction. It's all the little details that you can't quite see, but that make the thing look like a cheap plastic piece of junk. Actual iPhones are constructed so expertly, they exude a very real sense of precision. It's why they're a joy to hold. That thing in the pictures (OP and these pics here) looks like a high school project at best.

----------

It should only take about .2 seconds to spot it as a fake. Look at your current iPhone. At the back. At the camera lens, flash, etc. Notice how everything is so perfectly put together. Now, look at that junky, horrendous thing in those pictures. That very first pic. Look at the camera lens, flash, etc. If someone can't tell that's a fake almost instantly, I don't know why they buy iPhones in the first place. There's a certain level of quality and precision in manufacturing that brings a premium price tag, but is one of the primary draws to iPhone. The thing in these pics is an abortion of an attempt to make a fake.

19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

20. I7guy macrumors G5

Why is this embarrassing for apple? Someone crafted a fake and now it's embarrassing for apple?

----------

Do you really think twitter will be the first place to showcase a photo of a real phone? Apple probably has things locked down more than Fort Knox at this point. In addition you won't really know what the phone looks like until sept 9.

21. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

(emphasis mine)

Um, no. It's probably a barely functioning knock off, and absolutely won't be anywhere near the functionality of a real iPhone. Only embarrassing for the person that made it, not for Apple.

22. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

Yes it is clearly fake and i agree that twitter will be not the first place to showcase the iPhone.