iPhone 6 launch in willowbend, Plano, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by St0rmtrooper, Sep 12, 2014.

1. St0rmtrooper macrumors newbie

Heard from the apple store employee in willowbend mall last year for iphone 5s/5c, the line started from 9pm last night.

Also saw another thread said he had been waiting since 3 pm.

It's my first time to camp outside, so anybody got idea when should I arrive at the entrance of Dillards if I wanna be the first 10 or 20 of the line?:)

2. sfwalter, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Last year I got their around 6pm and I was around number 26 or so. i think the first folks started lining up around wish.

I wanted white but by the time I got up to the front they only had Space Gray available. I'd assume white and gold will be hard to find on launch day again this year.

3. St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG, people are crazy:mad: ip6+ will have very limited stock for in-store purchase. So I'm thinking arrive in the afternoon...

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Of all of the locations, Willowbend may be the nicest to line up at. :)

5. St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the information bro. I just moved to far north Dallas, so that'll be great I don't need to drive a long way to another store. Is everything in order at 6am? I might not be strong enough to "fight" with others.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Welcome to the area! I live right down the street from Willowbend. I have never lined up for anything there. Last I heard they still made people line up outside the mall until a certain time in the morning.

7. blah35 macrumors regular

For the 5S launch last year at Willow Bend the line was in the parking garage until around 6 a.m., when they moved us inside.

8. St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the info:). I saw a picture of last year the line was not starting at the gate of Dillards, so I'm thinking if the gate is the one next to(a little bit southwest ) the dillards gate.

9. jakebathman macrumors newbie

For those that weren't there last year, here's a map showing the parking garage near Dillard's where the line was: google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zdoEdamLPBSc.k9RI0lT50Rso

Has anyone spoken to Apple or the Willow Bend folks about lining up for this year, and if it'll be any different? What time is everyone getting out to the mall? I'm thinking 8 or 9 pm tomorrow.

10. St0rmtrooper, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

I asked the blue shirt on Monday. They told me it's the same as last year. But I'm little bit confused about the map, which gate is the line started? Dillard's or the mall gate next to Asian Star? There're two gates in that area.

11. milk242 macrumors 6502a

12. retromusic777 macrumors newbie

I find it incredibly hard to believe that they only had 25 or so white iPhones in stock on release day. I mean come on. They will have PLENTY of stock in store in anticipation for this release. I talked to a blue shirt today, and they said arriving at 4am would be a good time to start lining up.

13. jakebathman macrumors newbie

Good question, it's under the garage right there and I'm sure by now the line of people will be the best marker :)

14. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Thats what I would have thought too. I guess it was because of the production issues with the 5S last year. I think the iPhone 6 will be plentiful in the full rainbow of colors. As long as your rainbow only consists of space grey, silver, gold.

I wonder about the iPhone 6 Plus though. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned they talked to Apple and they said Dallas wasn't getting an iPhone 6 Plus. I hope that is totally false.

15. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'll be there this evening as well....I got there after work and was 6th or 7th in line. Seems like most people started really arriving at around 3am, but I assume this year will be far crazier.

Wondering if I'll even be top 20 getting there at 5pm this year like I did last year.

16. retromusic777 macrumors newbie

Any advice on what to bring for camping out?

17. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Well last year, I brought a chair and some electronics.....

But it's already been a long week and I doubt I'll make it through the night so I've got a tent, air matress, fan and lantern.....ya know - really roughin' it! lol

18. St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if we wanna a 6+, we have to be in front of the line. :mad:

19. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Oh most definitely

----------

If you want to about 150th in line.....it's already started....about 7 people right now

20. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Anyone there and have a head count? I saw 10 people in line at about 12:20pm.....wondering if I should bail on work early to get over there. Was planning to leave here at 4pm (I work about a mile away from the mall in International Business Park).

21. St0rmtrooper thread starter macrumors newbie

Over 20 right now at 3:15

22. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I live less than a mile from the mall and will be taking food orders through out the night. However, there is a $1000 delivery fee :)

Best of luck to you guys on getting what you want. ;)

23. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Damnit....I won't be able to get out of here until closer to 5.....

Oh well. I guess it'll be much more lively over night. Any tents out there? I'm going big this year ;)

24. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

This should fit in the garage just fine.

[​IMG]

25. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Love the avatar - Sic 'Em